LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagdish Kumar   27 October 2021

Please help, false 498a in relatives

My wife's brother's wife has filed a 498a case on him and included her in-laws, sister-in-law (my wife) and her husband (me). My wife and I stay in a seperate city. My wife visited her home after 2.5 years and stayed there for 20 days during which her brother's wife started quarrelling for her father-in-law's property. She threatened to leave if she wasn't transferred a specific amount of money. My wife and I tried to calm her down and set things right but she didn't listen. She finally filed 498a with her mother and brother's help. My question is if my wife and I will be dragged to court in this issue. We had no role to play in my brother-in-law's married life except for trying to calm things down when they were quarrelling. The girl has written all sorts of false things inheritance complain to the police. 

 6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 October 2021

You can defend the case with evidences. The main evidences that are there in 498a are medical evidence, eye witnesses, watsapp and email messages. sometimes wife also threatens to lodge and harass husband to lodge a 498a case, such threatening calls or messages must be used as defence evidence.

1 Like

Jagdish Kumar   27 October 2021

Hi sir, how do I defend myself and my wife as we are relatives of the accused? Can the police after investigation strike off our names from the complaint?

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     27 October 2021

Please engage an Advocate. Aside, please consider to take anticipatory bail, so that you remain protected in advance in the event of your arrest. Else after arrest you need to obtain normal bail.

2 Like

gourav   27 October 2021

okkklpp jop

Jagdish Kumar   28 October 2021

Based on investigation, if the police comes to a conclusion that the allegations against relatives are false, can the police strike off our names from the case?

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     28 October 2021

Yes they can.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query