LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

xodus (professional)     01 August 2013

Please help

i am a public bank servant and have been charged for something for which theres no definite proof.

it has been a year already and i am still threatened of chargesheet and proceeding harassments.

i want to know what are the possible risks and wether there will be any court proceedings without proof.

Learning

5 Replies

Prashant Agnihotri (Lawyer)     01 August 2013

explain your case in detail,then we can give you a proper advice.

xodus (professional)     01 August 2013

i am a probation officer in a public sector bank.

Last year in August there was an incident where atm cards were stolen and  manager's id & password used to activate them and withdraw 3 lakh rupees.

since the custodian of cards is the branch manager, he alongwith a few of us got show cause naotice.

we collectively paid the sum where i gave 68000 rupees.

now there's no atm video/ any other proof to exactly identify the person.

my manager has good contacts from the union and still threatening 2 of us about chargesheets and court proceedings.

I am still under probation and dont know what the risks are and what i should do or go to whom

i dont even know wether they are being bluff or they really carry real threat.

please advise

Prashant Agnihotri (Lawyer)     01 August 2013

Don't worry,if they will make any allegation against you in FIR,they will need to prove in the courts by proper evidence.if they have no evidence,so why r u worrying. "Bhai sahab agar unke paas koi proof nahi hai to apko darne ki jarurat nahi hai,aur agar wo apko continously disturb kar rahe hai to,video recording banao",you can also complaint your higher authority,through a proper channel.

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     01 August 2013

The details narrated by are interesting. Please give following details: 1. In whose Custody the ATM Cards are kept. 2. Who are the staff members in the branch who knows Manager’s ID and password? 3. How many staff members have received the Show Cause notices? 4. Who has issued the show Cause Notices? 5. Was the fraud reported to your Regional/Zonal Office? 6. For activating the ATM cards one of the Computer System of your branch must have been used. 7. Who holds that particular computer daily? You can find out this from the EOD reports of the branch. 8. Who told you to make good the loss by contributing Rs. 68,000? How much is the total loss? 9. I am sure the fraud has been committed by one of the staff members. 10. Why the Branch Manager has not given any police compliant when the fraud has been noticed. 11. Meanwhile you need not worry and have personal meeting with your Regional/Zonal Head to explain the entire issues.

2BHelpfull (Other)     01 August 2013

u had paid a portion of the amt. 

if u have not done anything wrong.. why did u paid???.

what u can do??

approach higher authority in ur bank.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register