Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nikhil ### (manager)     24 September 2011

Please help

Dear Sir,

my parents got a cal from my wife`s city police that they got a complain but my father replied that we are willing to take her but she only  refuses from long time and problem is created by her due to sitting in her parents house.  Police asked us to me as soon as possible because I am faraway from them to settle matter.

How they will settle the matter?

How should we react and do background work?

If we go and their after if they asks to write binding order towards my wife`s complain, what i must do? I think binding means agreeing the mistake in behalf of police. What I can do if binding is positive to my wife.

What efforts I can make her to come with me eventhough some mistakes are from my side.

Learning

10 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 September 2011

498a case in the making?

Which city

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

nikhil ### (manager)     25 September 2011

Dear Sir,

Police had spoken to us very politely and in same way we also spoken to him. Once we search to station, both the parties would have a discussion and if I wil agree to them if I dont like than what is my position? Can I and my family come out safely or 498a case may be kept and arrested immediately? Please say me precautions.

SHAILENDRA SRIVASTAVA (MANAGING PARTNER)     25 September 2011

DEAR NIKHIL , HERE IS A POINT THAT YOU HAVE NOT INFORMED TO THE POLICE STATION OF YOUR CITY WHEN YOUR WIFE LEFT YOUR HOUSE . IF YOU HAVE INFORMED YOU WOULD NEVER BE IN A PROBLEM OF 498A CASE. 

HELP LINE: CLA2009@REDIFFMAIL.COM

laxminarayana (Advocate)     26 September 2011

Dear Nikhil

You can go to your wife house along with your parents and two other eminent persons for discussion. Before going to there you have to inform so and so persons we are coming for amicable discussion to resolve the issue. If you don’t possible to go there at least you can send your parents along with eminent persons. Anybody may be cool if the persons come to house like “If enemy come to doorstep for amicable discussion the house person definitely becomes too friendly”.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 September 2011

Nikhil,

It was a standard ploy in UP/ Haryana/ Punjab etc.

However, now where most places there is a Mahila Thana/ CAW Cell, it could be not as dangerous, that is why I asked which City/ State it is in.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

nikhil ### (manager)     27 September 2011

Dear Shonee,

I am from Andhrapradesh at Hyderabad

rajiv_lodha (zz)     27 September 2011

Meanwhile, I do not agree with the advice to visit their house. So many ppl received SEWA-PAANI (read LAAT GHOOSEY) alongwith police cases while doing this (polite) adventure. If one feels urge to have such a talk, a neutral place like some Mandir/Dharamshala/Park is a better choice.

Originally posted by :laxminarayana

"
Dear Nikhil

You can go to your wife house along with your parents and two other eminent persons for discussion. Before going to there you have to inform so and so persons we are coming for amicable discussion to resolve the issue. If you don’t possible to go there at least you can send your parents along with eminent persons. Anybody may be cool if the persons come to house like “If enemy come to doorstep for amicable discussion the house person definitely becomes too friendly”.
"
1 Like

Rohit Shukla (Engineer)     27 September 2011

How about these steps:

1) Take a reporter from any of the media channel best if its AAJ TAK, IBN 7 etc :). Explain the situation the harassment that one can undergo while reminding them of super TRP ratings. Take him along disguising as your own distant relative. Let him cover the whole event with the best of his investigative journalism ability with the hidden cam.

2) Before going, go and inform a your local police about your visit, get it recorded either at the police station diary, visitor log book or do it by email ccing it to your local thana SHO, SP, SSP etc.

3) Take a packet of sweet (swipe your card at haldiram with the recipt proof). Pop it up decntly on your first meet with them (i know its hard on face, but you know it why we are doing it :)

4) Take a group of ladies (relatives/non relatives) and equipp them with lot of Mahila Kanoon Gyaan (would be good if one of them is from local chapter of NCW or local politacl party's woman wing). Give a piece of their own medicine to the male members of their group if they even try to man-handle any of these otherwise empowered ladies. Get the case registered against them at the first go with the media footage.

5) Take a lawyer in confidence, don't tell him about the video shoot details but do tell him about your meetings and ask him to be prepared in case of any contigency.

5) Go ahead, firm, but polite. Be flexible in the approach and listen more talk minimal and too the point.

6) Never get instigated even in the worst of the situation at least on camera :), Go shoot the film and if ready for public trial, make it public in the larger interest of the society.

Seasoned people from law fraternity, please advise on these steps, are they not good enough to expose the motives of miscreants?

Regards,

Rohit

(Disclaimer: These are purely personal thinking and purely non binding written with a view to find a solution in such situation)

laxminarayana (Advocate)     29 September 2011

Nikhil

If you possible come to my office at Hyderabad, AP, because you are in local or if it is not possible please call: 9676404573

Bijay Kumar (Company Secretary)     08 October 2011

Nikhil, 

are you trying to run away from your wife or are you trying to abandon her or are you trying to prove that you are right as per law. see what you need is not legal counsel but moral counselling. always in a matrimonial dispute involving middle class the loser is the wife come what may as her life gets ruined if there is a separation and ours is a society which consists of MCP's  (Male chauvinistic pigs) who feel more musculine and macho when they see their wife surrender to them. my advice is you had accepted her as your companion and it is your uppermost duty to see that see is happy even if you wish to leave her. if both of you wish to separate that is fine but do it in a humanly manner and dont make it a business where you always look to gain something out of a deal. here it is not a business. it is a loss loss situation for both of you. atleast be a man and have the courtesy to visit her and explain your stand to her parents and then give a patient hearing as to what they want. see how both sides can come to an amicable settlement and move on with life. i dont know if you have a sister and god forbids if some one does exactly what you are doing now.

as far as police is concerned they will see the intention and the motive of the parties. if your heart is clean and you dont have a malice intention then you should not be afraid of anything. the matter is to be settled first between you and her and then your and her parents. always remember one thing, even if you marry a second time, if you have wronged your first marriage you can never be happy the second time as the off shoot of first marriage will catch up with you. SO YOU DONT NEED AN ADVOCATE, RATHER YOU NEED A MARRIAGE COUNSELLOR. UNFORTUNATELY  IN INDIA WE DONT HAVE THIS CONCEPT. Had you been in a foreign country then you would have realised that you are lucky that you are in India. hope good sense prevails on you before it is too late.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register