LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Please advice - Seeking divorce on ground of impotence

Page no : 3

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     09 January 2010

1.How smooth and fast can I get a divorce mentioning all these?

Grounds of impotency:-


12. Voidable marriages.

(1)Any marriage solemnized, whether before or after the commencement of this Act, shall be voidable and may be annulled by a decree of nullity on any of the following grounds, namely

(a) that the marriage has not been consummated owing to the impotance of the respondent.

Most probably your husband is Impotent. You immediately file a petition for nullity (not divorce). It is time bound. When one is confirmed that her husband is impotent she should apply immediately, - time barred.

Choose a lady advocate and file the nulty petition through her.

His stand will be that as you was always fighting and that’s the reason he was unable to perform.

Do not worry for that.

2.What kind of test will be taken to prove his impotency?

Ejaculation test; not fertility test.

4.Should I produce the test reports taken already which confirms that he has low Testosterone level or should I get any certificate from the Dr we consulted inorder to safe guard me?

Yes of course. It will help to stand the case prima facie.

3.Is it possible to take any tablets before the test and prove that he is fit and he has no problem so that he can drag the divorce process and torture me more?


After filing the petition, or in your nullity petition, request for a medical test of the husband and request the court that the test should be in presence of your doctor. If he has courage and confidence he will oppose the petition with a plea of medical test. If he avoids the court then you will get ex-party decision. In your Petition you mention the doubt about medicine.


vikas (manager)     03 February 2010

I have gone through all mails and found that no one advicing better things to couple. First of all low testestrone level persons either male or female needs more arousal from the partner and with more cooperation the s*x and good s*xt take place. Also if low testesterone is established this doesn't mean that the person was knowing the same before marriage and if he knew then he would have taken the medical help through testesterone replacement therapy in which testesterone injections are given to the person interamasularly to compensate the low level of testesterone. As per s*xalogists many men with low testesterone levels up to even 0.7 ng/dl are performing good s*x with the help of cooperative partners. BUt if the partner is not cooperative then testesterone replacement therapy is advisable. Also it is seen here that the girl has left the inlaws home herself so she ask her husband to go for homone replacement therapy and she shoud come to him and enjoy s*x and family life and there is no need to leave the husband because of the same as remember after 50 years of age every men has low testesteron level then in youth but at that time the wifes are experienced enough to enjoy s*x. In this case wife is also new to s*x and she should arouse men fully in bed and cooperative and enjoy. Low testesterone level mens cannot rape but with cooperation can do good s*x and if necessary the partner want that the men should only act in bedroom and do what a rapist do then she should ask her husband/partner to go for testesterone harmone replacement therapy.

As advisabe help and cooperate more with your partners in bed and he will definately perform. I have one of the person known to me with low testestorne level and his wife deserted him then he went for paid s*x and was able to perform well with them. Conclusion the paid s*x workers know how to arouse men but his wife didn't.

Its better you both resolve the issue with medical help of urologist or andrologist and live life better and enjoy life better rather than blame each other and each others family members. There are more complicate issues in life then this and your case is very simple and solved.

Advocates only makes money by advicing wrong and its their profession. Happy married life to both of you and do not go for divorce and separation but take medication and live together.


Daksh (Student)     03 February 2010

Dear Mr.Vikas,

I have strong views on your pointed statement "Advocates only makes money by advicing wrong and its their profession."

Kindly refrain from making such untolerable statement in future. 

Best  Regards



I go with Mr. Daksh. Vikas's statement about advocates is utter non-sense and to be ignored with total contempt.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     03 February 2010

Mr simp & Mrs Priya.

Mind it that you have the right to complain and your opponant has the right to resist it. when you will complain with some medical documents, prima facie your case will stand  and respondent will be called on by the court. But when the respondent attacks your ground, court will not go on your sumitted medical documents. it will order for a fresh test under some government medical practisioner, setteled by the court. respondent has to undergo the test, and the test report will be submitted at court. this is general procedure, and it will be followed.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     03 February 2010

Mr gomcodoctor & Dr. Varadaraj,

Perhaps you are confused about the court procedure. Please go through my above msg of 3rd feb.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     03 February 2010

Mr. Vikas,

perhaps you could not understand the depth of priya's question. She already lost the faith of her husband and in laws. now she is desparet to go on any extent on this matter and ready to go on it's end. In such cases, advicing to be a good girl is no value. When the person itself wants to legal fight to see the end of a matter, the person

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     03 February 2010

should go and test the matter. everyone is free to decide his/her own personal matter. Iam surprised to see you attack a perticular community - which should not. all are not equal.

I am not advocate; i also responded her through this club; to me it is a social service; i am having opinion that when priya wants to see the extream end of it, let her see it. no harm.

gomcodoctor (Doctor)     03 February 2010

Originally posted by :Arup Kumar Gupta
" Mr gomcodoctor & Dr. Varadaraj,
Perhaps you are confused about the court procedure. Please go through my above msg of 3rd feb.


I know very well the proceudre of court

and I know one more 1 thing....Indian politics and law are 100 % crap



Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     03 February 2010

Indian politics may be corrupt but indian law also?  Corrupt people use the indian law for their individual gain. From your messages, i thought you you want to know the concerned procedure.

rubal (Finance)     01 October 2011

Hi Priya,

Have you been able to sort this out by now? my real sister went through the same. we can share experience and the tips of legal steps taken in this regard. I believe this might be of big help.

Kindly reply asap....




Aishwarya (Teacher)     01 October 2011

Priya dee


Id say impotency hardly matters if the person ur married to is good and loving towards you..and the lil tit bits of narration u did u were ill treated by in laws..i dont think it is such ..there is nothing somethngs are exaggerated blown out..plz do think abt ur realtion impotency doesnt matter ..there are plentyful other means of having babies now science is too ahead..but dont compromise over a good human ie a good man in ur life..

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 October 2011

Old Thread, lets not revive it. Let it remain buried.


People trying to contact the original author may do so by PM




Shonee Kapoor

Agneepath (Software Engineer)     14 October 2011

I am surprised and shocked to see that Advocate Mr. Raj Kumar Makkad is openly advising the lady to also file 498a/406 criminal cases on the husband along with the divorce. Due to such advocates and their false advices thousands of families are getting destroyed.

It is my duty to warn and suggest everyone reading this thread : 

Divorce is a family case. Keep it family. Don't make it criminal with false (dowry harassment/other kinds of harassment) allegations. Not only the husband's families go through pain of courts/lawyers/police - girl's family also doesn't sit easily in all those years - and anyway you cannot prove those allgeations.

If you have sufficient and rightful grounds, you will get divorce (and also the maintenance, if that is what all you want). If your husband ir REALLY impotent, prove it. Don't accuse him of impotency if he is not. Simple. Have some dignity. 

Rashmi (Media)     09 April 2012


I'm facing Priya's prob!!! - almost word-to-word true!! Too bad she has deleted her account..if there's any way i can get in touch u with priya, please help me!!!!! I'm very suicidal because of this! I need your opinion and need to know if you were successful in proving your husband's impotency!

I'm from Bangalore. If there's any way someone can guide me thru this, and who is the apt doc, wil be very thankful!!



Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query