IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Perjury can be file only in same court

Page no : 2

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     03 August 2014

Asking too many reliefs can not be cruelty by any stretch of imagination.


Yes, if she has mentioned that she has no independent source of income and she is teaching, perjury can be filed in the same court where she has filed HMA 24 application.



Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Nitin   30 March 2017

If my wife wants to get divorce from me (exparty?) by hiding it from me, what can be the maximum punishment she can get if the court comes to know about it? It looks like she has given a entirely unreal address to the court as my address and the court is sending me summons there. I have no connection with that place. I think her lawyer is bad. Court people told me this when i spoke to them over the phone. I am in foreign country on short term assignment. We have 1 year old child who is with my wife. She in Delhi.


What happens in this case? Can she goes to jail? I had no plans of visiting India soon. pls advise.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     06 April 2017

You may file Perjury in the same civil court as a seperate criminal application and the judge may transfer the same to the appropriate criminal court.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query