LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J.Somasekara (MANAGER)     19 March 2012

Pension regulations

I was working as officer in a Canara Bank  Bank and retired under SVRS scheme 2001. 

All pensioners retiring till 31.03.2010 are covered under same pension regulations i.e. CANARA BANK EMPLOYEES PENSION REGULATIONS RULES 1995. These regulations are gazetted and have statutory strength. All pensioners were drawing pension on same percentage till 01.11.2002. However  athough all pensioners belong to same class CANARA BANK introduced  (better nad higher DA)100% DA neutalization to pensioners retired on or after 2002 only.with effect from 01.05.2005. RBI also did the same  and later intoduced to all pensioners Wef 01.05.2005. Now only Pre2002 retirees only are being denied such improvement in existing benefit..

Is such discrimination permissable under LAW?

Further ever since such Pension Regulations formed periodical revision  of Pension has not been done. Basic Pension remains the same as was on the date of retirement. Class IV employee of Central Govt is getting more pension than pension of General manager of Nationalised Banks. No such provision also made in Pension Regulations. However Please clarrify wheher pension regulations being statutory in nature Such periodical revision of pension/updation is guranteed under constitution of India

Learning

1 Replies

J.Somasekara (MANAGER)     23 March 2012

Sir, I read your reply. But I am afraid your reply may pertain to some other question and not relevant to

my query "PENSION REGULATIONS". Your reply might have been wrongly posted here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register