LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Kant   23 August 2016

Pdr act

This is  a case of victimization by Uttar Bihar Kshetriya Gramin Bank, Aloni, District Saran, Bihar. My brother had taken 4 lac loans for tractor business in 2006 and died in November 2007. He morgaged his own name property while taking the loan. In 2010, the bank manager called to my bhabhi who is illeterate and took signature on some of the papers in the bank. And then in 2010, he filed a certificate case with NPA Rs. 4.21.000. In September 2014 the police came and arrested my bhabhi but discharged after 1 hour from the police station after taking assurance to deposit the amount. Then my father deposited Rs. 1.55.000 in the bank. Before some days a notice was received to deposit Rs. 5.31.000 otherwise to face the legal proceedings. What steps should we take in this case as we are not able to pay such a huge amount.

S Kant

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     23 August 2016

please confirm the rate of interest & pricipal amount of loan.

If u had paid the loan amount in time then how comes 530,000/-.

U need to object the amount ? How it comes to this since u had already paid 155,000/-.

If u like my suggesation then give THANK on my profile.

S Kant   24 August 2016

Sir, The amout of Rs. 1,55,000 deposited after the certificate case and detention by the police. We were not aware about the loan and the certificate case earlier. We came to know only after the legal proceedings started.

The Principal Amount is Rs. 4,00,000 in November 2006 with Morgate agricultural land value is Rs. 8,00,000

Borrower died in November 2007

NPA and Cetficate case initiated at Rs. 4,21,000 in February 2010

Amount deposited after police detention is Rs. 1,55,000 in September 2014

At present bank sent a notice to deposit Rs. 5,31,000 more at the rate of minimum 12% simple interest as decided by the Board of the Bank in August 2016.

S Kant   24 August 2016

The matter was also listed in Lok Adalat at the district court, Chapra, Bihar, but the respondent appeared only for the first day of hearing and then the respondent didnot appear before the regular lok adalat and so the matter was dismissed without any action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register