LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M.N. Gopinath (Asst Manager)     12 January 2010

Payment of Salary

Dear Sir,

I was working with a MNC Automotive Company in chennai for the past 2.6 years as Asst Manager.

I have resigned from duty on 28th dec 2009 and was relieved from service by 31st dec 2009.  I have obtained no due certificate, proper relieving letter & service certificate from the company.  I was told that my terminal benefits would reach me in a week's time

I waited patiently for 12 days and one of colleagues had called me up today and informed about my ex-boss's decision of  not dispatching my december salary cheque for not leaving any datas in my computers. 

 But I've obtained a clearance certificate from this company's Information tech dept and they recommended me for relieving after checking my PC for any unauthorised data theft/ copying/ deletion etc which is a standard procedure for employees before releiving.

 Since my computer was handled my many people using the admin password after resigning, they could have possibly deleted some sensitive data / copied it through LAN/ locked it.

I also suspect that immediate successor to my position,  to evade a demanding responsibility and to buy some time would committed such an act.

Till date I always maintained good relationship with my ex-boss and colleagues and had suggested him to use data recovery softwares/ inform  experts from IT Dept. But he started to yell at me and didn't  believe my explanation over phone.

How Should I approach this??  Since this company has great influence over the current political regime & top bureaucrats 

What are the legal ways ??





 2 Replies

PANDURANGA ACHARYA (Deputy Manager)     13 January 2010

Dear Gopinath,

Would suggest you to write a letter to your HR-Department head, marking a cc to your CEO/MD and your reporting boss. in the said letter donot discuss about anything about your lost data or any thign else. keep it simple and ask only your salary for the month of December. mention that you have relieved on 31st Dec, 2009. please note if company does not pay your salary with in 7 days from the date of receipt of the letter you can take approprite legal action for salary.



Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     16 January 2010

Since you have obtained a no due certificate your past employer will pay uour salary. Please contact them ant try to convince the position

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register