Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

not as of now (not as of now)     25 July 2013

Paying maintenance is good or single amount settlement ?

Hi Experts & Friends,

Do you think if Paying Monthly Maintenance is good or Single settlement is good idea after divorce.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Dear above freind,

It depends on the age of your ex wife and chanaces of her re marraiges.

If ex wife is of marriageable age then its better to give her a monthly mainetnanace it has following benefits:

1. You will not have to come accross the heavy one time settlement.(easy for your pocket if your finacilay tired up after prolonged cases and its investments).

2. Fixed one time alimony amount as FD and trough it's ineterst you can easily pay as mainetenance to your ex wife.

3. The basic amount in FD will be yours only after tenure of such FD's.(Meanwhile who knows the ex bitter half will be married to other 2 leg bakras.)

4. The only drawbacks here is that these wicked ladies are so much trend that they will go for Liv-in----"so catch me if you can".But this also not a big issue once you will come to know her by any means of sources which you have trough your past.

5. The major concerned of not giving one time alimony to these ex wife is her own brother,mother,father and sister who are eyeing for the money to come as one time settlement once and they will grab it leaving her with a small chunk of money.

When your ex wife is above the age of marraige as she could be only treated as mother 498a or DV wife.

1. Pay one time settlement without thinking her previous miscreants and torture as she also need life.

2. This type of wife are matured and will not let her brother or father to put hands in the money which you have given to her.

3. So it will be useful for her for entire life and the purpose will be solved troughout.

Thanks & regards,

A sufferer..........

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     25 July 2013

In my opinion it is better to go for one time settlement.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     25 July 2013

miantenance means every month your pocket will be less means you will have to calculate and see how much you can save but one time settlement means no problem you have to shed amount and even you can get relieft out of it because the last stage only you will pay this one time settlement and maintenance means every month till the case is settled 

so one time settlement is good option

not as of now (not as of now)     25 July 2013

Thanks to Sufferer,

I have same feeling, the girl is 25 age and she can quickly get marry!, more i suspect she is having affair.. but she is very very intelligent, very hard to track her. But I feel I will found a way if I keep on paying maintenance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register