LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik   22 November 2020

Past sale deeds at the time of sale

At the time of selling my current property, I need to submit the historical sale deeds for registration. can you please clarify from how long in the past should I submit the sale deeds. I have the last 25years' worth of sale deeds (which covers two ownership transfers during this period). anything prior to that, although shown in the EC, is not available with me now. Is that OK for registration? Kindly advise.

Learning

3 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     22 November 2020

It could be ascertained by.applying encumbrance certificate to the prperty which is reliable for the purchaser.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 November 2020

You have informed as follows: I have the last 25years' worth of sale deeds (which covers two ownership transfers during this period

Generally it is sufficient but if surrounding lands are government etc., you may require prior sale deeds also.   Only a local advocate can give you a clear opinion on studying the original survey number etc.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 November 2020

Registration of a conveyance deed is a simple process. No such documents are required. However, such documents could be required by the prospective buyer while availing loan from financial institutions.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register