LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen P R   26 September 2021

Parents property transfered to son

My wife's grand mother transfered all her property to her son but son is refusing to care of her is there a way to take action against him


 8 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     26 September 2021

She should move to District Collector under the provisions of Maintenance & Welfare of Parents & Senior Citizens Act, 2007, where she may seek professional services of a local lawyer.
1 Like

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     26 September 2021

Your grandmother can revoke the transfer the property with the help of SDO. But what is her age because after a certain age authorities trends not to consider their statements because of old age due to which sometime their memory comes and sometimes goes. The authority often takes decision which fits best for the old person irrespective of anybody's assertion! So better consult a lawyer for better representation.
1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 September 2021

As a well-wisher of the wife's grandmother family, you may consult with all the other relatives to bring pressure, and join her in an old age home, contributing to the extent of their resources till a final remedy. When a son is refusing to take care of, one can not force him further for taking care of the mother, and taking action against son is secondary ad taking care of the grandmother is primary.
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 September 2021

When and how was the transfer effected?

Praveen P R   27 September 2021

Her Age is 82 yr. and she has a very strong memory she has got into multiple health issues but her son is not even visiting her when she is admitted to hospital.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 September 2021

Prioritize the issues and contact local advocates with such documents and first explore by filing a grievance petition with District Collector.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     27 September 2021

Not visiting to hospital does not disqualify a son! Anyhow this is age when it is easier for any interested person to influence her. So please consider to engage an Advocate.

Praveen P R   27 September 2021

Currently she is been taken care by one of her daughter(My mother-in-law), but the Grand mother concern is like gave everything to her son who is not even just peeping in when she was ill and hospitalised

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register