Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Later   31 December 2019

Parents in law harressing my wife

Hi 

I got recently married in month of June 2019

Before marriage  my inlaws had hidden me that they took  personal loan of  15 lakhs  for marriage on my wife name and after marriage of 2 months this was told to me

Now my wife says she need to pay that every month EMI.. i am asking her to resign the job  due  to many reasons (health+ family+ shifts)  but she is not ready to resign instead she left to her mothers house and staying with them.

so with in short married life time .. i am totally depressed/frustrated with her now  as  her parents want her to repay the personal loan 

So please do suggest me what can be done 

Learning

13 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     31 December 2019

Dear sir,

You have to mutually resolve the issue, involve your and her parents. Loan has to be repaid otherwise your wife will be liable for legal action.

Regards,

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     31 December 2019

It is better you make understanding with your wife and protect your peace and hiome too. If she wants to work why should u object for that ,instead you should cooperate with her as homes are run on mutual understanding and one sided decisions mostly prove lethal.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 December 2019

Purely a personal problem not connected with litigation.  The proper way is having empathy, understanding the other's point of view and both attending the counseling sessions for correcting behaviors and making small adjustments, for longer married life.  Do not waste your youth and regret in the future for past conduct.

Shashi Dhara   31 December 2019

Don't become depressed for these silly reasons that too within six months after marriage I have seen so many gents who married are like soft cow.be brave this is only beginning you have to face too much in future sobe courage by taking Hanuman yantra and tie it to your fore hand and show it to every one. Try to solve it with well family wishers don't complicate it.

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 December 2019

The query suggests no legal elements. In a marriage, the starting block for any improvement in the strained relationship is in being absolutely honest with oneself. Please introspect.

Later   31 December 2019

Thanks Experts for your valuable time and responses

1) We are ready to resolve the issue by having discussion with elders but my wife parents are not ready as they fear that  if my wife resigns then it will be problem to them 

2) I am ready to support my wife even i wanted a working wife  so no doubt about it  but at same time  i also need to consider other factors about the family , her health and  shift timings  as those are not supporting  unable to support her to continue the job.

I feel my inlaws  cheated me by taking loan  on my wife name  and this should have told me before marriage  or else  if they are not  capable to bear the expenses for marriage then they should  have avoided the marriage itself  or  should have looked for the alliance  in there budget only    why to play with other persons life , more over  what ever promised was also not given till now  and  even we are not demanding on that

Inspite of all those i am the person who are facing the problems only within 6 months of my married life.

I am totally confused and frustrated  its just became  snake & Frog game ... my inlaws doesnt want my wife to resign at the same time  my wife health worries me a lot.

Shashi Dhara   01 January 2020

Today's marriage itself has become problem.no one has bothering about it .though our earnigs is less try to live lavishly or luxuriously which ruins every ones life.

Later   01 January 2020

Now i  am thinking of how many boys might have been facing such problems where they cannot come out and discuss in public so obviously who are unable to control may lead to suicide cases or become  habituated to drugs/ drunkards  

I still dont understand why our constitution is made in such a way  take my example itself  though no mistake /wrong from my end  i am  undergoing punishment of separation from my wife  after have married just 6 months back.

Though its open known thing my inlaws cheating me and ruined my personal /married  life  unable to do anything legally against them.

If  marriage means this kind of cheating then  never ever would have married in life . now i feel just marriage is nothing but wantedly  getting in to troubles.

TGK REDDI   01 January 2020

Apply for divorce and, after obtaining it, never marry again.

Women are coquettish from times immemorial.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 January 2020

You cannot do anything about it when your wife is unwilling to cooperate with you especially when she sees a mammoth loan outstanding against her parents name t which she would be held liable and if she returns to the matrimonial home, you may not allow her to work in order to repay the loan amount, hence she may not prefer to return especially when you insist on her to give up the job.

If the situation is no more possible to tolerate then you may file a divorce on completion of one year of your marriage on the grounds of cruelty or can ask her for accepting a mutual consent divorce so that you can solve this issue at the earliest.

Later   04 January 2020

Thanks a lot for your time and suggesstion

Sure will wait for next  few months and see how it goes, at same time i have one query would be greateful if you can clarify on it

As you suggested to apply for Divorce after one year thats fine but i heard that  if this gets initiated from my end then  this  would favour my wife side  to demand  for the maintainance of her living ,  so again that would be an injustice  to me,  since my  wife  stayed with me for only one month and  then  when i asked her to resign job due to  late night  shifts and family issues /health issues , she left to her parents house  started living with them for almost  last 4 months and  repaying the personal loan took for marraige by her parents on my wife name.

Shashi Dhara   04 January 2020

If she is earning then she is not eligible for maintenance ,you have to prove she is earning and has sufficient income

Later   04 January 2020

Thanks Shashi

Her bank account itself is the proof for the salary and also for the debit of the EMI for the personal loan but how can we able to get her bank account statements when she is not cooperating with me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register