LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Ownership of plot for home in mp

Respected sir/Mam

I am Dr. Erodha. After indra's assasination hindus wete tortured in Punjob. I shipted to Satwas Distt Dewas MP in 1984. I purchased from one Mr Tarloksingh in Sikh mohalla of Satwas. on 12.4.90 i was given notice by the Tehsildar that i have illegally purchased govt land. In 1998 i wasa given patta under Rajive Gandhi Ashray Yojna.

on 10.1.14 i was given a notice that  I obtained patta illegaly. I have replied that i was competewnt on the date when I was given Patta and also that I do not have still any house in my family's name, I do not have tractor and car also in my family members name.

I want to know what are the laws ?  Can govt  demolish my house now ?


Dr. Erodha


 5 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     08 February 2014

No body could get Pattas illegally from the Government Authorities. As per your narration, I think some where mistake has occurred. Butter to approach your  Tahsildar, with all relevant documentary evidence (xerox copy of Pattas)and submit a letter to him. If he accepts, no problem. In case, if he does not accept, better to approach his superior with  the help of an Advocate, who knows the legality of your nature of case.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 February 2014

Better issue a reply notice through a lawyer and then file a declaration sit seeking the relief of declaring the title or the property in your favor on the basis of the relevant documents in your possession and also obtain injunction restraining the governmental organisations from  making any move to demolish or to evict your from the property by force other than by due process of law.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 February 2014

Under the circumstances, it is always better to issue a reply notice to the notice and if you apprehend that government agency is likely to initiate further action in this regard, you may move civil court with a suit for declaration, mandatory injunction and and a temporary injunction too.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 February 2014

As soon as a buyer decides to purchase a land, one of the documents that the buyer first checks is the patta document. This document is a proof of private ownership. However, it provides one with limited amount of information about the type of property. Chitta and Adangal provide a more complete documentation for the type of the property which might be especially important for the VAO to assess tax for the land.


Patta will tell you whether all the previous owners have paid the property tax or whether any dues remain. Any transaction of land involves three primary organizations which are the Sub Registrar's office, Taluk office and the VAO office. Once the sale deed is registered at the Sub Registrar's office, Patta transfer application can be obtained from the Taluk Office. Some districts even allow VAO to accept patta applications. The specific information that Patta/Chitta extract contains include Patta number, survey number with subdivision details. Village, Taluk, District, Property owner’s name with father’s name.


Thank you all for your kind guidance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register