Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar_JrLawyer (Jr.Lawyer)     27 November 2022

Opinion on a property rights

My Grand father received property from his father through a partition deed. My Grandfather is survived by 3 Sons. Now my grandfather is willing to give out entire property to elder son only. My father is the younger son. What will be the right of my father share in the above property.


 2 Replies

yogesh shewale   28 November 2022

your grandfather property become personal property after they can dismissed it to anyone they want....but....if your father was alive or was in or before the time of partition......then your father has equal right in the property ( before partion the property should be ancestors property and your father was alive at time or before partion )

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 November 2022

The property is not ancestral. As such, the grandfather can dispose the same at his discretion. Your father is only legal heir to the property, if any, left intestate after his lifetme.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query