Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajan Singh (Manager)     10 September 2013

Operation of either or survivor locker

Dear Sir,

I wish to seek clartify on operation of locker in HDFC Bank , which was opened in either/survior mode. Where primary holder was my father. He decessed 3 months bank.

I am having possession of locker key as second holder and i have been operated the locker n number of times in last 6 yrs.

Post my father demise , my brother went to bank and i am not aware what happened but next day i was told i cannot operate the locker. They were communicated that i was in USA and dont know when i will come back so they gave instructions to block locker.

I asked bank officials if the locker is joint and it is in either/survivor mode how they can stop me from operating it.

This is very unfair on part of bank as this locker is in either/survior mode and operated soley for last 6 yrs by me , now even after getting instruction from there legal dept they told me i cannot access locker.

They blocked locker on verbal instruction but to unblock it they want written comm from there own legal dept.

What i can do now? Also i need to put a case of cheating and fraud on my brother.

Regards

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 September 2013

Dear Mr.Rajan Singh,

This is a matter of local administration, however, if the Manager is reluctant in allowing you to operate the locker, you give him a letter in writing stating that the locker was opened under the arrangement of either or survivor basis, hence he cannot stop you from operating the same, if he does not obliges, you may contact banking Ombudsman in this regard and get your grievances redressed - Advocate Kalaiselvan, Vellore Ph: +919443441062 

VIRAJ KADAM (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     10 September 2013

Dear Friend 

Your right in the locker is similar to that of "JOINT TENANCY".  The rights are by survivorship. You can enforce your legal right. Issue notice to your bank through your advocate. 

Regards

VIRAJ KADAM

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register