One and the same person

My uncle expired recently and he was having a fixed deposit in a bank, wherein he had given my name as the nominee. Unfortunately the name he had nominated is my pet name and not the official one. I have a different name as official one. Since I dont have any proof of Identity for the nick name, I had submitted an affidavit declaring the two names to be of the same person. This was not accepted by bank and they advised me for a change of name to be published in the Gazette. I dont want my name to be changed because would require me file for rectifications with various agencies and would be too cumbersome. Kindly advise if there is an legal recourse this problem.


U file a civil suit against bank and prove that nominee and u r same and one person.

Thank you !!




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x