LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KALPESH M SURYAWANSHI   11 February 2019

Obligation in Indian contract act to pay debt by heir

Ram is a practising lawyer by profession and has got a loan of 1.cr from sham but he died after the loan was passed and he himself utlised the amount recieved by loan now after his death are his sons liable to pay back loan amount .is there a legal obligation and please give a case law if possible.

Learning

6 Replies

Sir i would really appreciate you , if you could focus on the question and find an answer , than replying it in a silly way ....i am a law student and this is a law related question as the principle of pious obligation are no more relevent in todays law what can be the answer.

Thank you sir ..you can leave me alone.I am looking for an expert (Knowledgeable) person not the one who gives excuses.

Shashi Dhara   11 February 2019

If he has any immovable property it can be attached and can be recovered.but his sons are not liable to repay debt

KALPESH M SURYAWANSHI   12 February 2019

Sir he does not have any immovable property left behind after his death and as i had mentioned he was a lawyer so he had special knowledge and skills for earning which his sons dont have ...is there any obligation typically in context to hindu law which make it binding.

Shashi Dhara   12 February 2019

As per Hindu law they must discharge father's death if he made itfor family benefits. If he used for illegal bad purpose I.edrunk,gambling,prostittue etc they r not binding to discharge father's debt.

Shashi Dhara   12 February 2019

If their is no immovable property then y do they worry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register