Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jai   17 February 2018

NRI man wanting to get out of marriage. What are my options?

Hello, I have been arranged married for the last ~9 months. We didn't take any dowry/money/goods from their family. I wasn't very attracted to the girl but I still went ahead hoping that the attraction will develop over time.   

I told this to her multiple times before marriage and it seemed like she was ok with it since she never raised an issue with it before marriage. However, the chemistry never developed and the marriage was never consummated. I am not sure if this alone or this in combination with other factors caused her to become increasingly angry and depressed. She would fight with me as soon as I returned from office over trivial matters.   

Except whenever required we were not talking to each other over the last 4 months of the relationship and usually whenever we did it used to result in fights. After the last fight she sent a message to my parents asking them to call her back.   

As soon as they got her the tickets, a couple of days before her departure she wrote an email to them alleging mental and emotional torture, humiliating racist behavior, lying to her, following instructions of my mother, non-consummation of marriage, not wanting to spend money on her, inhumane and uncivilized behavior etc. As she reached India she deleted her message in which she asked my parents to call her back. Now she is back at her parents place and keeps pestering my old parents to call me back to India. She tried to initiate contact with me too yesterday. 

At this point I am scared to come back to India because I think she might file a case against me and make me go to jail and make me lose my job. What are my options? Please advise.

Learning

56 Replies

(Guest)

Take mutual divorce best way out. Rest all methods waset of time.

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register