LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akula Swathi Kumar (B.Com.,L L B.,)     01 August 2011


I was appointed as notary on 19-07-2011 and i received my GO Copy, Certificate of Practising and i paid charges.

Can i start my services as a notary from the date of paying the charges or will there be any intimation from the governamet through post stating that my name has been entered in their register and you can start practising from this date. Also Intimate me any further procedure to be followed by a newly appointed noatry public.

Please help me in this regard as early as possible with full clarrification and what is the value of the stamp that is to be affixed on a noatrized document.

Thank you.



 8 Replies

THANKACHAN V P (Advocate & Notary)     01 August 2011

Dear Akula Swathi


1.You can start practice from the date of receipt of certificate of practice.

2.You will have sent your specimen signature and seal to the home deparment.

3.You will have to maintain two registers and a receipt book . (Please get assistance of Notaries in your area for register and receipt book)

4. Notary stamp worth Rs 50/ shall be affixed in the document you are notarizing.

5. Value of stamp paper may vary . For Affidavits generally Rs 50/ and PA Rs 300/ etc.

If you need any formats please write me






Akula Swathi Kumar (B.Com.,L L B.,)     02 August 2011

1. I was appointed by the State Govt of A.P. So to whom should i send my Spicemen signatures and seal.

2. What are the two registers to be maintained ?

3. What does home department mean?

4. In our state our notary advocates are affixing  notarial stamp of worth Rs. 5/- on each notarized document. but why 50/- stamp?

shashank manjrekar (Legal Consultant)     02 August 2011

dear madam,

home department means "HOME MINISTRY OF CONCERED STATE GOVT, in case AP state governemtn who issued such certificate. As regards affixing of apppropriate notary stamps u need to check up locally.

adv.shashank (mumbai-maharashtra)


THANKACHAN V P (Advocate & Notary)     02 August 2011

1.I For query No 1-3 ,better to consult with Notaries in your area.

2.In Kerala we have to affix Notary stamp worth Rs 50/. In AP it may be Rs 5/

laxminarayana (Advocate)     17 August 2011

Dear Madam

plz visit web: https://lawmin.nic.in/la/subord/notaryrules.htm there is Notaries Act-1952 and Noteries Rules-1956.

for any assistance plz call : 9849711654 or 9676404573  Adv. Laxminarayana High court of Andhrapradesh

nishikant sinha   23 June 2015

what and how we correct the term of sale deed i.e." if the purchaser wants to seel the property he must obtain consent letter from the partnership firm "Seller" and how much stamp duty will be pad in jamshedpur Jharkhand

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     24 June 2015

no suggestions required

jithu (advocate)     05 December 2016


your answer is In Kerala we have to affix Notary stamp worth Rs 50/.

OK but as per which act or rule?
Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=41646

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register