25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rupendra   19 July 2016

Non payment by client


We have a proprietorship firm and we have a contract with one of our clients, past few months everything was ok and payment was made on time. We have given one month credit to the client.

Recently, they have stopped working with us and there is one payment which is due from last 60 days, and still we are waiting for the payment.

We did number of calls, mails, but there is no response even now they are not picking up the calls not even bother to reply to mails. We have also visited their office but they don’t entertain – sitting at the reception for long hours but no response.

Request you to please help us – we need our money which we have spent.



 5 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     19 July 2016

engage an able counsel and send them a legal notice for recovery of dues and breach of contract (you said they stopped working for you). is there an arbitration clause in your contract? is there a jurisdiction clause in the contract? is it to your advantage? all these points you have to consider along with costs of litigation before deciding to proceed further.

Rupendra   19 July 2016

Thank you JustAdvisor,

The contract is on a estamp paper but there is no arbitration, however there is a clause of termination of the contract that party has to give 30 days written notice with all all dues will be cleared within 30 days.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 July 2016

The clause is apparently in your favor.


It is felt that you have not narrated all reprsentations/visits in writing, under proper acknowledgment.

Consult a very able counsel with all record.

Advocate Venkateshwara Rao   09 August 2016

I agree with Mr. Doab

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     12 August 2016

You xcan first issue  a Legal  notice for bvreach of contract and recovery of dues with interest till payment + exemplary damageson account of the breach. If they do not comply with your legal notice in the given time of 15 days or 1 month you can file a suit for recovery of dues + interest  till payment and exemplary sdamages.on account of your clients breach of contract.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query