25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sairam   22 August 2015

Non judicial stamp papers purchased in wrong name



I have purchased Non Judicial Stamp papers from a liscenced stamp vendor in the name of "Sai Prakash" instead of "Sai ram".

I cannot use those stamps now. What is the remedy?

Can I retun those stamp papers? If so, to whom can I return?

Kindly suggest me.

Thanks in Advance.


 6 Replies



There is no cause to worry . You can get the refund u/s 54 of the Indian stamp Act by making application to the Collector within 6 months from the date of purchase. You will get 90 % of the stamp value.

P.Thangavel , Advocate & Legal consultant

Sairam   22 August 2015

Sir, u mean District collector. If so, is there any form prescribed for application

Sairam   22 August 2015

Sir, u mean District collector. If so, is there any form prescribed for application


Yes, What I have meant was District Collector only. You can contact the Registration/ Revenue official at the District level for prescribed form & Procedure

E Drafter   01 August 2016

Yes, you can apply for the refund of the Stamp Duty by writing an application to the department in a prescribed proforma pertaining the reason for the refund. The Department will refund the Stamp Duty after deducting 10% of the amount.

For more information about refunding process you can also refer our blog here - https://www.edrafter.in/refund-e-stamp-paper-delhi/


Team eDrafter

eDrafter.in - Drafts your Document

sathish sankar   14 April 2019

Sir, i have brought stamp paper of proper value for registration. at the time of printing someone else stamp paper ( brought on some one else's name) is used for making sale deed of plot. i have purchased the plot and paid the tax. i have not noticed that before registration. that sale deed is registered also. is there any problem for me.what is the remedy for this? . thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query