25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMESH R (RAMU) (Student - Company Secretary )     07 August 2022


Hi all,

if person doesn't have anybody of the family and he is single and in all case of nomination of his documents he can't mention any name..if he wants to put a rights to well-wisher next to him...is their any procedure to follow OR affidavit of giving rights and nomination of others is enough..


 2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 August 2022

Why the nomination?What is the context? Please post material facts.

Anusha Sharma   09 August 2022

If the property you are having is self-acquired, you can make a will and give your assets to anybody you like. You can name anybody. There is no rule that he /she should be your legal heir as per law. You can name anybody and no law will come in between. But the conditions are
1. The property is your self acquired and not obtained from your ancestors. 
2. You should write a will and notarised it and keep it with your lawyer and he can declare the will after your death.

If you have any savings, you have the nomination facility. You can nominate anybody you like and if there are no claims from any other person the nominee can acquire that money. You can mention these savings also in your will so that he. she can become the sole owner of that money also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query