Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samrao   03 February 2015

Nomination

Dear All,

Please can you guide me, I recently executed a "Form of Nomination" for my property in mumbai. I wanted to do the same for a property in Gujarat. The society in Gujarat is AOP association of persons. It is so much simpler then going through wills, probates and court expenses.

Please can anyone guide how to create a "Form of Nomination" for Gujarat or where I can get a ready made form.

Thank you,
Sam Rao

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 February 2015

The forms might be available on websites of the society and regulators and local lawyer,deedwriter can also provide……

The nomination in Flats is not an alternate route for succession and is only for the purpose of administrative dealing with the society………

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 February 2015

The nomination being executed in the prescribed form by the society will not confer title to the property on the nominee nor this will transfer the rights of the property to the nominee from the owner.  The transfer of property in the form of gift deed or sale deed during the life time of the title holder to any beneficiary/buyer has to be properly registered before the concerned registrar's office.  The will executed shall become operative after the life time of the testator.  The nominee in the society isa mere trustee who will receive the property on behalf of the legal heirs of the deceased,he cannot exercise any rights over the property as a nominee while the legal heirs are alive.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register