LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vimal R   07 January 2021

No Death and Succession certificate - 1990

We're about to buy a land property, which was partitioned on1990, between 3 male siblings.

There is No death certificate for their father, and also No legal heir/succession certificate for them to prove they are the only children for their father.

It has been 30 years now. In case if there is any other sibling, could he/she suit a claim for a share now? The documents are already given to a local Advocate. Kindly advise me experts..Thank you


 3 Replies

Selva Ganapathi   07 January 2021

The documents are necessary and if that is ancestral property, the siblings may claim suits the shares.
1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     07 January 2021


The property is in the name of their father and the father is dead. So they have to get a legal heirship certificate from the court. Otherwise, it is a risk in buying such property. There can be other siblings or some other claim. You may avoid buying such property. 

1 Like

Vimal R   07 January 2021

Thankyou very much dear experts...
I've once heard from one of my friends that there a Law of Limitation - thus one cannot claim a property beyond certain years.... Does this apply here please?....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query