LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Sagar   08 March 2018

No 1st Hearing even after 8 years of filing case

Hi, My father had filed a civil lawsuit against a person who cheated him of 85L rupees 8 years ago. When I ask him about the progress of the case, he said that the 1st hearing of the case itself is not done. Is it possible to not have a 1st hearing of the case even after 8 years. He says that every time the judge just looks at the case files and gives another date. I feel he is being played by his lawyer.
I want to know is it possible for a civil case to not even have its 1st hearing even after 8 years.

Learning

6 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   08 March 2018

Dear client in which state you belongs and you should take direction by way of writ petition before Hon'ble High Court better if you contact us then I will elaborate properly about your case.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 9198889990

I'm from Bangalore, Karnataka

I wanted to know if its possible to not have the 1st hearing for the case even after so long.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     09 March 2018

No, the hearing in the civil case should have started by now rather it should have been decided by the trail court in 8 years. File Writ of Certiorari and Mandamus in the Bangalore High Court against the trail court judge and get order for fast track trail and decision within provided period as set by the High Court.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     10 March 2018

Pl. indicate the name of the Court, Case No. and year, title of the case that is name of the plaintiff (as given in the case) and name of the defendant (as given in the case).

This will help to find out the status of the case, in case the Court has electronic /website facility.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     12 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email for detailed legal advise.

with regards,

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register