LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

preeti (house wife)     09 August 2009

need urgent help

i m married to my husband 6yr back, initially for dowry my husband use to abuse me, but i love my husband a lot. then he file a diworse case in session court but it was not granted. then i ask him to keep me with him, but he refused, later from his family members i come to know that he is having affair with a female in bangalore. then he filed case in high cout there also diworse was not granted, then again i asked but he abused n refused me. now i come to know that he is staying with that female in bangalore and planning to get married. please help me wat should i do..


 28 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     09 August 2009

well u file a case under Domestic Violence Act.


if the marriage is still within 7 yrs of prd then move a complaint under S.498-A as well.


try to take help of relatives to make him realise the importance of matrimonial relationship and to put an end to dispute amicably.


dont worry he can not marry  her unless and untill he divorces u.....which has not been granted.

1 Like

V.V.RAMDAS (Advocate)     09 August 2009


I am very sorry that You love your husbend very deeply but he is not. What a wonde full world it is . However no body can brig your husband back from the cluchs of that lady except god. So You have to put him in troubles by filing criminal cases against  him. Otherwise take divorse from mutual consent. 

preeti (house wife)     09 August 2009

wat crimnal can i filed against him...

i m so much depressed... because of all this tension i had lost my father n now i m all alone..               please help me .....

Mrs. Hetal Sunil Shah (Advocate)     10 August 2009

file complaint against him under 498(a) you are not alone the whole forum is with you. satna is far from here otherwise I could have rendered my services free of cost for you.

1 Like

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     10 August 2009

Fist of all file a case under section 9 of HMA to get him back.

Then file a case unde DVA act to live in his house.

At last you can file a case of harassment under section 498 then due to fear he has to come to you..

Your further clarification is welcome at nominal fee at;





With Regards

1 Like

preeti (house wife)     11 August 2009

hello sir..

thanks for your reply.. i had talk to my lawyer regarding that, but he is saying there is no hopes in that... is there any ways i can file any complaint or case against that female with whome my husband is staying... or anything else can be done

preeti (house wife)     11 August 2009

please anyone help me..... its a heartly request

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     11 August 2009

well Madam,

better u move to National Commission for Women of India.



1 Like

L (service)     13 August 2009

preeti if u file a 498a against ur husband then definitely this marriage will break, as no court can later pursue either of you to stay together, moreover, with your  498a, which will eventually be proved false by him, ur husband will get divorce very easily, thus he will be free from your clutches & will go in the arms of the other lady......thanks to your 498a.....haha.......

pls. remember it is next to impossible to get husband convicted in 498a, recent SC judgement says even kicking DIL is not cruelty under 498a....

2 Like

yodha (Consultant)     13 August 2009

Preeti ji, pls follow advise of all lawyers who suggest to file 498A criminal case.  Because then you are guaranteed to get a divorce proceeding and several more years of pain in both civil and criminal case.  Filing 498A and then asking to live with husband is like accusing someone of murder and then still calling them friend.

A lawyer who suggests to get remedies under civil and criminal at the same time for your problem is like a quack doctor who gives lot of medicines to patient hoping the patient will get cured by something at least.  In any case, lawyer gets their fees


1 Like

san (social service)     13 August 2009

Preeti ji, if your husband is not willing to continue the marriage, you can go for counselling. If that doesn't works, then divorce by mutual consent is the best option. Any good lawyer will give you this advise.

However there are lot of cheap lawyers, who would ill-advise you to file cases against your husband, just for their own benefits. If you file cases against your husband, be assured, that all you will gain is mental and financial pain. These cheap lawyers will drain all your resources. So beware. The cases will drag on for years, and you will keep feeding these lawyers. Go for divorce by mutual consent, and live happily !



yodha (Consultant)     14 August 2009

All women who want to file 498A to get their husband back or save their marriage.

1.  Pls find statistics on success rate after filing 498A for woman to save her marriage.  Ask your lawyer if he can get statistics on that or not?

2. Pls check this official Hyderbad Police' advice for women who want to file 498A.






Parthasarathy (Business)     14 August 2009



Fortunately, or unfortunately, most laws in India are biased against men, and awareness of the existence of these laws is woefully lacking amongst males. Remember the recent SC observation to 'obey your wives and do as you are told' - by some senior judges. You must remember, that the lure of such laws, which brings legal and illegal extortion money, is the biggest culprit for the failure of the family in the western world. The same situation is now being created in India, by innocent young wives like you, asking help form lawyers, some of whom are just wolves, out to make money. This leads to the destruction of the family. Lawyers in special, and males in general, need to wake up, and speak out against this harassment in our society.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     14 August 2009

its really unfortunate that few of the Learned visitors/ contributors have blamed Lawyers espacially the male lawyers for their matrimonial disputes.


my dear friends try to understand Lawyers are not so handsome that we can impress upon ur wives, lawyers are quite happy with their respective wives.


we lawyers do believe in saving marriages and we promote peace among the families......if u still feel suffered then its the law to be blamed.


better ask ur representatives in the Parliament and the Legislative Bodies why they have created laws which does not suit ur personality?


Legislature makes the law, Courts interpret the law, Lawyers are merely the mouthpiece of a litigant.


i would advice make a political party and contest elections on these issues itself.....may be one day one of u may become Prime Minister of India.


till then dont blame the other male(s) for ur woes, try to keep ur wives happy.


Good Luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register