Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar.............. (Engineer)     12 May 2012

Need ur kind opinion

Dear Lawyers,

One of my friend deposited his money 3 lacs to his friend who is running the local chit funds(without registeration). Now last 2 years , he did not pay any interest amount. Now my fried asked him to return only the Princiapal amount and he refused to pay and dragging him. My query is

a. Can he lodge the police complaint against him under IPC 420? or

b. Can he lodge the complaint to EOW  (Economic Offence Wing)in my area? or

c. Can he file the civil suit againdt him?

Please give me the reply on which one of the above will give speedy recovery of my money?He is urgently in need of money and please help me by providing the reply.

Please note that he sent already lawyer notice to pay back his money on last week unitl now ne reply from that cheater.

Regards,

Learning

5 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     12 May 2012

yes he can file complaint for cheating under 420 . he can file suit for recovery of meoney with interest

vipin rathee (partner)     13 May 2012

you can file a suit for recovery of money with interest amount and litigation costs..

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     13 May 2012

The answer is yes to all your questions. The first one would be the fastest too. But remember your friend's friend may not have cheated your friend only. He may have cheated other gullible persons too. If all the creditors simultaneously clamour to recover their monies, your friend's friend may not have enough money or property with hin to satisfy all. You will get no privilege treatment. You will have to stand in the queue and wait for your turn and proportionate amount. So if the case has not already become public,  proceed carefully without any publicity.

Wish you good luck.

Kumar.............. (Engineer)     13 May 2012

Thank you very much to all for your kind replies.

Thanks to LCI Forum to clarify the queries for the public.

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register