LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Kumar (IT Professional)     15 January 2012

Need legal advise in dp act

I was married in Nov 2010. I am from Delhi and my wife is from Allahabad. The place of marriage was Allahabad. After that both co-habited together as husband and wife and no child has been born out from this wed lock.

My wife was not with me since July 2011 and don't want to come or rejoin with me.

My mother-in-law (she is widow) and my other in-laws (younger brothers of my MIL) are in govt. job. They all including my wife charged me and my family speically my father under Dowry Prohibition Act for taking dowry at the time of marriage and demanding more from my wife and mentally & physically touture her. 

I have never been taken any type of dowry or demanding dowry at the time of marriage or after and befor the marriage till date (15 Jan 2012). They give me little amout of cash due to customary at the time of Tika Ceremony by their own choice & willing in fromt of my other guest and relatives that which my and my father or family never demanding.

So I need help what type of counter case I filed against him and how I can proof my innocency.

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     15 January 2012

was it just a charge of DP Act not accompanied by 498A?

The only way is to defend in trial, the customary money given on 'Tika' etc dont amount to Dowry.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     15 January 2012

Dear Querist

if they filed any false case against you as you inform in your query then no need to worry, first of all you need a Anticipatory Bail to save yourself from jail/arresting. after that you can approch the Govt. Authorities in this regards & ready to fight a war against you wife & In-laws.

Feel Free to call for further & detail discussion

Nadeem Qureshi(Advocate)

Delhi

Anil Kumar (IT Professional)     17 January 2012

My MIL & wife send me the notice in which they threats me to file DP Act , 3/4 and 498A , 506, 125 etc. As I write in my query I never demand any dowry (in swear of God) befor and after of marriage till date.

My in-laws threat me to implicate in false dowry case or 498A (Mentally torture) as they write in their notice. What should I do in this matter.

Specially one thing "Is dowry giving is illegal and what the penallty or punishment for dowry giver" I know the dowry taken is illegal infact I strongly against dowry.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register