LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Kumar (IT Professional)     16 November 2014

Need help and legal advice

Dear All Legal Experts & Ld. Advocates & Legal Advisors!

I need the expert guidance in the following matter of Domestic Violence Case filed by my wife against me and my family and relatives, are:

I got married in 2010 at Allahabad as I am a resident of Delhi. After the marriage my wife stays with me at my residence at Delhi. Right from the beginning my MIL disturbs my family life by her regular interference over the petty issues and her rude behavior, domination nature and threats me for implicating me and my whole family in false Dowry & Domestic Violence case. My life almost becomes hell due to her. And finally my influenced wife deserted me after the 8th month of our marriage i.e. July 2011, and since then she has not turned back. To realize the situation I take some precautionary measure and file RCR against my wife in Nov. 2011 and got the ex-parte decree in favor of mine. But still my wife did not turn back and even not complying the Court Orders besides getting the 3 services of summons for proceedings of Court in RCR Case. That shows that she deliberately ignore the court proceedings and not willing to come back due to fulfill her ego problems as she got the sympathy of some Political Personals and fully aware of Legal Weapons i.e. 498A etc.

No dowry demand by us pre and post marriage, no mentally as well as physically torture by us no such serious incident has been occurred during the period of her stay with me either in Delhi or in Allahabad from Nov 2010 to July 2011 (approx 8 months).

Besides ignore the Delhi Court Orders, she has finally filed the Domestic Violence case after 3 yrs of our separation (lastly July, 2011)  in Feb, 2014 at Allahabad Court as she was with her mother since July 2011 to till date. The main issue is that:

In the mid of June, 2014 I have receive a letter with Ex-parte Order of Interim Maintenance against me by Allahabad Court, sent by Advocate of my wife.

I take immediate action and send the reply along with enclosures of relevant proofs of my income documents (in the Court Order the descripttion of my Job & Earnings was mention wrongly) to the Court with a prayer to send me the notice for personal appearance by Speed Post.

But the court did not consider my written prayer and work in biased manner and further ordered for Recovery of Maintenance on insisting of my wife’s advocate.

I have got the Ex-parte Orders by Court and I examine the Court Record in which I have found the major disturbance that is:

1.       The Court has mentioned 3 notices to me.

2.       The DPO has also mentioned that the notice has been sent to respondent but not record found.

3.       But no notice/summons has been served/receives by us till the date.

4.       No information was given either by opposite party or by Court.

5.       No postal record has been found to serve the summons to us by the court till to date.

6.       The Judge has mark “Absence” in their Order Sheet.

7.       The Court has not sent the Orders directly to us.

8.       No copy of the said Petition has been provided to us.

9.       Opposite Party Advocate only sent the copy of Order along with their personal notice about the Case. They have not sent any copy of petition besides Court Orders.

Questions:

1.       How can I challenge to Court that I have not received any Summons/Notices sent by court?

2.       It is possible to complaint the Judge in Higher Authority?

3.       Is court is duty bound to send their Order Copy to respondent directly?

4.       On the other hand court has sent their Orders through the aggrieved person’s Advocates to respondent and it might be possible that Advocated manipulate such kind of things, intentionally delayed or whatsoever.

5.       If the Maintenance Order has been passed then how many days for its execution or how many days a respondent shall pay the amount. 

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     16 November 2014

U have to challenge maintenance order in appeal before ASJ and also exparte order. If one year passed since exparte rcr decree then u she move divorce case under relevant provision.

Anil Kumar (IT Professional)     17 November 2014

Welcome Adv. Chandrasekhar Ji and thanks for giving ur precious suggestions.

Still I am not getting proper answer. Anyway once again i sort my quiry:

I have got the Ex-parte Orders of Interim Maintenance in U/s 23(2) of PWDVA 2005, passed by ACJM, Allahabad Court in Domestic Violence case.  After the case come to my knowledge I have examine the Court Record in which I have found the major faults and preparing  for counter this Order that as well as the Judge:

1.     How can I challenge to Court that I have not received any Summons/Notices sent by court?

2.     It is possible to complaint the Judge in Higher Authority?

3.     Is court is duty bound to send their Order Copy to respondent directly? What is the exact procedure?

4.     If the Maintenance Order has been passed then how many days for its execution or how many days a respondent shall pay the amount. 

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     18 November 2014

In respect of your doubts about DV order, I gave a detailed reply in your other thread.  But, in addition to that, what I want to suggest further is that you filed RCR and it became ex-parte.  Whether ex-parte decree was passed or not?  If passed, one year after RCR decree, you can file divorce under Section 13 (1-A) and get divorce on the ground that co-habition has not happened.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register