LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Danny   26 September 2016

Need form 16 immediately


Am working in an 4 year old company, and planning to take home loan, and bank manager requested to submit "FORM 16" for further process. And am getting 26k and we don't have any deductions like  ( PF / ESI / Prof Tax). And my Boss says, i need to take FORM 16 from any other paid auditor personally, That he states that we cannot provide "FORM 16" And i need the document immediately.

Now i am ready to pay the tax whatever it may be. But i need to get Form 16. My employer is not helping me in this regard. Pl help me.And Advance Thanks alot for your time my dear Experts.

 9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2016

It is issued by employer.

Sachin (N.A)     26 September 2016

You may contact tax consultancy service near by you they will get it for you.

Sachin (N.A)     26 September 2016

Form 16 is generated online when the Form 24Q is uploaded by the employer with his PAN & TAN by the due date. However Form 24Q contains data of employees whose Tax has been deducted by the employer during the concerned financial year.

Therefore if no tax has been deducted from your salary, no Form 16 will be generated by employer. However you may get a salary certificate from the employer for the period of your service in such case


Mr. Sachin has given correct solution and I endorse his views.Getting Salary Certificate is the only option available for you and you may try to get it which will be treated on of par with Form 16.

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai     27 September 2016

Form 16 has to be provided by Employer , if he is unable to give follow sachin's advise

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     29 September 2016

Normall;y Foprm 16 is issued by employer. Otherwise it casn be downloaded from Government/IT dept website. Here is the address:  Or Both Form 16/Form 16A can be downloaded through these websites.If you appreciate this  answer please click the  thank you button on this forum.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 September 2016

Generically speaking: Employer is under obligation to dedcut and deposit tax.

If applicable in your case, employer should comply.


GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     30 September 2016

Shri Kumar Doab is correct in statng that theEmployer is under obligation to dedcut and deposit tax.

If applicable in your case, employer should comply.

You have mentioned that you are getting a salry of 26,000/- which means 3,12,000/- a year.If you have no deductible savings you are liable to pay Income Tax. Your employer ought to have deducted to Govt, filed TDS return in due time. He is bound to give you Form 16.

If he had not done so, you have an option of reporting to Commissioner of Income Tax (TDS) of your jurisdiction who will impose penalties and late fee on your employer. I WOULD NOT SUGGEST THIS COURSE AS IT WILL STRAIN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE EMPLOYER.

As you areseeking a loan, the Bank Manager may be satisfied by a salary certificate. However, if he wishes to know whether you are an IT assessee, you may give copies of ITRs filed y you and Form 26AS downloadable ny you from TRACES web site


Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     08 October 2016

If your employer fais to issue form 16 you need to file ITR 2  or ITR 2A or , ITR4 etc where you have to declare your slary and other sources of Income. fo r failing to issue your form 16 the emp-loye rincurs penal liability of Rs.100 every day. till h eissues. See the follopwing link where you can get more information. Your pay slip is a source of your salary income.If you  appreciate my answer please click the thank you button on this forum.


Read more at:

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query