LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RajanaVenu (None)     15 February 2011

Need an expert opinion on the subject of Land /House

Two brothers ( B1 and B2 ), when as combined family built two houses next to each other
and the land was registered on B1's wife Name and these houses was built 25 years ago.

B1 is demised recently and B2 is paying all the municipal taxes or what ever, locality taxes on B2's house since then from 25 years.
Now the question arised that " Can B1's kids come after the B2's kids claiming
that the land is registered to my Mother and belongs to us with greed "

How to handle this scenario and what measures B2's Kids should take not to loose the house
as there were no documents registered on B2's name of this piece of land that B2's house is on.

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     15 February 2011

1.  It would depend on who (B1 or B2 or Wife of B1)  paid the purchase price for the plot of land.

2.  In any case since B2 & family down-the-line is in & would be in Adverse possession, life long.  The land and the B2's building is safe life-long in the hands of B2 & family.

3.  B2 & family SHOULD Continue paying all the taxes and preserve receipts and any other documents that may be available.

4.  Locate the "Funding evidences"  for construction of B2's house and preserve for projected future litigation.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Ashwin (Project Co-Ordinator)     15 February 2011

Dear Sir,

Can you please help me We have a forest land what is the use of forest land...!!! should i sold that land...??? or for what business purpose we use this land...???

sagi ramesh varma (general manager)     15 February 2011

I had purchased a land measuring 0.5 acres near vizag and registered in the year 2001.Recently I found that in my sale deed the survey number was wrongly entered.To go for rectification deed except one, other three executors were not available as they have settled abroad.Kindly advise me what am I supposed to do to come out of this problem. Varma

RajanaVenu (None)     16 February 2011

Thank you for your reply Mr. Hemant

1.  It would depend on who (B1 or B2 or Wife of B1)  paid the purchase price for the plot of land.

--->  AS Far as we knew there were no records who paid for the purchase price...,but even though it was  paid,the money came from the earnings on the agriculture land crops , both co-owned by B1 and B2.

2.  In any case since B2 & family down-the-line is in & would be in Adverse possession, life long.  The land and the B2's building is safe life-long in the hands of B2 & family.

--> Did not quite understood Sir, please bear for that.  Adverse Possession. but is it on the other hand how B2's buildling is safe in hands of B2 & Family when as Adverse Possession.

3.  B2 & family SHOULD Continue paying all the taxes and preserve receipts and any other documents that may be available.

--> B2's family is still paying since 25 years or so and thanks for your suggestion, B2's family will collect from the respective payments receiptsfrom now on and let 'em gather old ones.
4.  Locate the "Funding evidences"  for construction of B2's house and preserve for projected future litigation.

--> As raised in point 1 , money came from the agricultural land both co-owned  and assumption was that there is no record, unless made up.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. 
Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register