New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Kumar Arora   01 October 2023

Need advise about sections under which criminal complaint could be filed for wrong/mis-selling land


We had purchased a land from a lady in 2021. At the time of sale of land it was duly informed by the seller lady that the parcel of land being sold to us stretches on one side upto the national highway (a CPWD road) and it was duly noted in the sale deed and counter signed by Local Panchayat head. At that time Covid lockdown was in place so it was decided that the proper sale deed registration in registrar's office will be done later when covid situation improves and for time being it was signed on stamp paper along with countersign by Village sarpanch.

But later I came to know that the part of road boarding the National highway was already sold to some other person long back and the parcel of land purchased by us was niether touching any national highway nor there was any minimal approach road or way for same. So after lot of discussions, when nothing was coming through we served the original seller lady a legal notice in 2022 to which they responded by saying that they would instead refund our money within a period of three month and we can cancel and forget the sale/purchase of land but then again nothing happened so we served them second legal notice in Sep 2023 but they do not even respond in any way whatsoever but now infact even on other two sides, the two sisters of that seller lady are claiming ownership on big part of this land supposedly sold to us and the head of local panchayat also keep dilly dallying despite numerous complaints and prayers for help and resolution.

So now fed up with long delay and dispute and frustrated with the behaviour of local head of the village panchayat, we have decided to file a police complaint (FIR) in accordance with Indian Penal code in local police station in Meghalaya. For this please suggest if in addition to section 420, we can use any other stronger IPC section also and also suggest a draft of the police complaint (FIR) for this issue.

Thanking you for your time and valuable help in anticipation


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 October 2023

For drafting the complaint you may have to approach a local advocate to assist you to prepare the complaint in the manner it would be legally acceptable.

The lawyer knows about the legal drafting of the complaint, in fact the section of law will benotified  by the police after taking cogniance of your complaint while registering the FIR as per the offences narrated in the complaint.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     02 October 2023

Contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for filing criminal complaint u/s 420, 468, 471, 120B & 34 IPC  besides institution of a civil suit for specific performance alternatively refund of money.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register