Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need advice on marriage

Page no : 2

angelangel044 (Engineer)     16 May 2012

Thakkar Sir, Yes, you should have put your questions first of all in a different thread.  

Dear advisors, 

Due to distractions in my thread, 

I am hereby putting forth my queries once more listed:   

please guide us:

I and my fiance  ( HIndu and belong to same subcaste)  are willing to go for a Arya Samaj Wedding in the month of June.  He is currently outside India,  will be visiting India now for 15days. 

My  queries are:

1) How many days its going to take from the date of application at Arya Samaj to registration of our marriage in registrar office? 

2)  do we have to put forth any application or  any kind of previous procedure  before the marriage registrar office, well in advance?

3) Does arya samaj or registration procedure sends any notifications at our  residential address?      

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     16 May 2012

You have to give your application in the office of  the Arya Samaj Office 15 days in advance.Both of you have to be present along with the documents and witnesses.Immediately after the marriage there,you can proceed to the registrar's office for registration,along with the marriage certificate given by ARYA SAMAJ.This is the procedure.

1 Like

Ghanshyam Thakkar (manager (Development))     16 May 2012

Mr.Sainath Devalla Sir,

Thank you very much for your response. I am fresher on this forum and do not know where to mention my  details. I shall be highly obliged to have your further guidance how to use the forum. and which thread touseand how. Kindly guide me. Thanking you sir,

G.J.Thakkar.

Originally posted by :SAINATH DEVALLA
"
You have to give your application in the office of  the Arya Samaj Office 15 days in advance.Both of you have to be present along with the documents and witnesses.Immediately after the marriage there,you can proceed to the registrar's office for registration,along with the marriage certificate given by ARYA SAMAJ.This is the procedure.
"

Sainath Devalla Sir, 

Does my fiance has to be present at the office at the time of submitting application 15days in advance? 

He is able to come only for 15days to India and  We want to get married and get the get the registration done within the first 5 days of his stay.  

I am confused in this aspect how to proceed now?

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     17 May 2012

yes,

both of you should be present physically.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 May 2012

Hope both of you have attained "marriagable" age, get married in any Arya samaj Mandir and get it registered with the Registrar of Marriage. Both of you will have to be present.

Dr. J C Vashista #9891152939

1 Like

angelangel044 (Engineer)     17 May 2012

Yes Dr. J.C.Vashista ,  We both have attained  mariagable age since many years now :) 

only thing I am confused about how to proceed to the application part, as  we need to get married within the first week of his arrival to India.

sasankajyoti sharma (advocate)     17 May 2012

Dear Querrist,

Going thru ur querry it is learnt that u mainly have problems with time for marriage. You can enter into recognised/ legal marriage in two ways i.e. either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.

Since both of u are at present Major ones, so there is no necessity of consent for marriage from parents of any side.

For a marriage under the 1st Act only one day is sufficient for completing all the formalities of marriage. Gandharva Bibah or marriage through Arya Samaj Mondir is a recognised marriage under the 1st Act. In this marriage no specific Marriage Certificate will be provided to u. People witnessing and performing your marriage and photograph taken, if any, will be the proofs of your marriage.

In case of a marriage under the 2nd Act both of u together have to apply for registration of your marriage on the same application form before the Marriage Officer under whose jurisdiction the bride/ groome resides (in ur case bride). This application should be made one month in advance before the date fixed for registering your marriage. For signing your application the physical presence of the groome is must, but u can obtain his signature on a scanned copy of the Notice of Intended Marriage /Application for Court Marriage which u can after obtaining his signature submit at the Office of the Marriage Officer of your locality.

Wish u success in married life. Best of luck.

Thanx.

Advocate Sasanka,

For any further querry u can contact me at 9435038322.

1 Like

angelangel044 (Engineer)     17 May 2012

Thanks so much Advocate Sasankajyoti Sharma.  Sir, under 1st act, 1955,  Do we have to go before  the marriage registrar under whose jurisdiction  me or my fiance resides?

Or  can we go  before the officer,  the place at which we would have married?

sri (ceo)     18 May 2012

if you do not have time to marry... why are you getting married in the first place... problems are bound to surround you later...

are you aware that after marriage your wife can/will/must

ask half of your salary as maintenance... claim half of your property...

put you in jail for dowry harassment for asking her salary...

put DV case if you scold her...

later... you will have enough time just roaming around courts as well as feeding parasites near court...

sri (ceo)     18 May 2012

oh... you are a girl... now you are well educated... let him also be enlightened...

angelangel044 (Engineer)     18 May 2012

Originally posted by :sri
"
oh... you are a girl... now you are well educated... let him also be enlightened...
"

Thanks for trying to help my fiance in the first place. well sir, He knows more than you have  listed out there. In comparison to me, knows the world much more.  :)

We have time restraint and kindly few legal advisors here, have helped me out,thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register