LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M   21 April 2016

Need advice on Dowry List

Respected All, I need an advice as i am going through a bad phase of life. My wife has put a false and baseless aligations on me in CAW cell that me and my parents are torturing her and asking for money and car. i was been called by CAW cell Kirti Nagar Delhi and in FIRST date i expressed in writing that all alegations put on me are baseless without any proof or evidence and i would like to secure my marriage and ready for any Counciling that can save our marriage. In Second date at CAW, my wife does not want to stay with me and has provided me a Dowry list and i have been asked to provide the Admit List in next hearing. The Dowry List contains discripttion of Jwellery which from the time of marrige she kept at her parents house not mine and under her custody it self. I have her voice recording of past confirming the same that she has kept these jewellery with her parents. What do i do? Please advice i am going through depprission

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)
Make a list what you have with yourself as a part of dowry and what you don't...gve her back and settled mutual divorce it is much better....for the jewellery she kept with her parents you already have evidence show the conversation to caw...for further pm me

(Guest)
Make a list what you have with yourself as a part of dowry and what you don't...gve her back and settled mutual divorce it is much better....for the jewellery she kept with her parents you already have evidence show the conversation to caw...for further pm me

(Guest)
Identify things of her that are with you and provide in admit list. For items in her list, say these are with her only. No need to show your evidence to police at this stage. Never take back wife after she has filed criminal complaint. If she files again after coming back, you will be in bigger trouble. Forget this woman and move on with life. Her complaints are bogus and will die their own slow death in the legal system. Nothing will happen to you or your family. You will have to spend some money on legal fees to follow due procedures. Once complaint is filed, things take time. The amount of time is related to stupidity of wife (smarter women settle and move on quickly, dumb ones fight for years without results). Time is also reduced if boy and his family are fearless. (Wife realizes that her scare tactics are not working.) Best of luck.

M   22 April 2016

Dear all thanks from bottom of heart to guide me.. I would like your suggession.. Can i fill a reply stating that---->> "This is list is NOT in accordance with the law,as no list was prepared at the time of marriage which is mandate of the section 2 of Dowry Probhition Act 1961." COULD you please breif me what does Section 2 of Dowry Probhition Act means.

Sidharth   22 April 2016

When your wife said,  she don't want to live with you. Job of CAW Cell ends here. No need to give any reply about stri-dhan. Job of CAW Cell is mediation not investigation. 

Questioning about legality of list is perfectly right but keep this argument for court at time of bail or during trial. Don't open your cards in CAW Cell.

M   22 April 2016

COULD you please breif me what does Section 2 of Dowry Probhition Act means.

Sidharth   23 April 2016

Police should insist upon the compliance of the Rules under Dowry Prohibition Act and should not entertain any complaint, if the rules have not been complied with. Rule 2 of the Dowry Prohibition(Maintenance of List of Presents to the Bride and Bridegroom) Rules, 1985 reads as under:

2. RULES IN ACCORDANCE WITH WHICH LISTS OF PRESENTS ARE TO BE MAINTAINED.-(1) The list of presents which are given at the time of the marriage to the bride shall be maintained by the bride. (2)The list of presents which are given at the time of the marriage to the bridegroom shall be maintained by the bridegroom. (3)Every list of presents referred to in Sub-rule(1) or Sub-rule(2)- (a) shall be prepared at the time of the marriage or as soon as possible after the marriage; (b) shall be in writing; (c) shall contain:- (i) a brief descripttion of each present; (ii) the approximate value of the present;

(iii) the name of the person who has given the present; and (iv) where the person giving the present is related to the bride or bridegroom, a descripttion of such relationship. (d) shall be signed by both the bride and the bridegroom.

M   23 April 2016

Sidharth ji,will you be able to share your contact details with me so that i can speak with you.. it will be a great help for me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register