LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan Mahajan (Professional)     09 July 2014

Need advice. false information provided claim by wife.

Hi,

We got married in the month of June 2013 and it has been a year now. Our marriage is via a newspaper advertisement. It stated my (boy's) qualifications as an MBA. But since I moved abroad (Dubai) in 2012, I did not do my MBA. Got the forms and did not enrolled.

Since job was in finance (a bank), I stated the qualifications as an MBA as I intended to start the MBA asap from abroad but there was a delay due to work pressure.

Now, when my wife came to know about it, I accepted it was falsely stated and I will be doing it. She had accepted it. This was in the month of September'13. I have a proof that she was made aware.

Presently, I am pursuing my MBA and expect to complete next year.

Now that we have certain marital conflicts and all, she threatens using this as a tool - That false information was provided during marriage, fraud marriage and all. She also puts all other allegations which a woman would put when in marital conflicts and to challenge legally.

Can someone please confirm if there is any law which guides the false information provided during marriage? I have not used this anywhere else apart from that advertisement. All other details on job, salary were correct and basic qualification is also correct.

I am currently also in process of completing that MBA and target by next year.

Can any action be taken against this? Please confirm.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     09 July 2014

No.  That false information cannot be used to get any relief in matrimonial dispute by her.  The marriage solemnized on the basis of fradulent information is voidable and can be annuled by the offended party (in this case - wife) by filing annulment petition.  But the cliche in this issue is that concealment of information or fradulent information shall be "material", that obstructs the harmonious matrimonial relationship.  Your false proclamation of MBA in any way does not  come in the way to have good matrimonial relationship, more particularly, your job, your job earnings and other social issues are, according to you, proclaimed true.  So, you need not worry for this peccadilloes. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register