LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kanan (IT)     15 December 2014

Nbw warrant issued against me

Sir, My wife deserted me with all the bank locker gold items. She filed maintenance and the judge ordered 25,000 monthly based on the false allegations ,saying I have nami and benami properties.The total arrears now amounts to 4,50,000. Im jobless since the past 1 year having also to contest the 498 case against me. Now, the judge has issued MBW against me.

I want to know whether I need to seek bail ? Will I be arrested without they quantifying if I do have the big amount.

what will be the jail term?

Please advise what needs to be done.

Thx in Advance.

 1 Replies


5-6 months in jail, old balance maafi. As simple as that.  Legally its just 1 month jail for non payment of old dues ie in your case, 4.5 lac.  But sometimes judge may not allow you to go free in 1 month.  Pay old balance or go to jail. Already warrant was issued, and since you were not found in the address that you have given to court/wife, NBW was issued, now you wont get bail also.  Directly you will be arrested if you are found in the address  which you have given to court.  Once you get arrested, dont pay money.  It is foolish to pay money after getting arrested.  Any other doubts?  Contact me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query