LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIVEK PANDEY   08 December 2017

Name in municipal record but don't know khasra aur khatauni number

I purchased a land in 1999 which was part of house of the seller, but while selling only house number was written in the registry. Later I constructed house on that land and got the house number in my name and got the name mutated in municipal records but I was not aware of khasra aur khatauni at that time. Now today when I want to sell my house I came across a buyer who applied for loan and advocate is now asking for khasra number for the same. I am at trijunction right now. Can anybody tell me what to do.


 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 December 2017

Personally visit to the concerned Municipal surveyor section, and they have maps with them and they can provide that information.   You can use RTI for seeking that informationn.  Search website of the authority to locate Public Information officer, format of application and mode of remitting RTI fees of Rs.10 and seek information as follows:

Subject on which information is sought:  House No..............Ward No....................address.

Documents enclosed: Copies of sale deed, copies of latest tax paid receipt.

Information solicited:

1)Please provide the Khasra Number/Khautani of the above mentioned building as per Municipal maps.


You can also inquire with neighbours on all four sides for such number as their documents may state such number.  Normally when there is mutation, title deed in your name over 18 years, no legal advisor insists for such number.  You can also contact any advocate and get inspection at Register office, and he can get the number through inspection of records.

1 Like

VIVEK PANDEY   08 December 2017

Thanks a lot, that really helped.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register