Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mika (None)     11 May 2010

NALSAR or NLSIU for IPR

Hi,

I am planning for 1 year distance learning diploma in Intellectual Property Rights. ( Distance Learning)

I came accross 2 courses NALSAR pro and NLSIU which conduct the distance learning.

NALSAR also conduct contact classes which I can manage.

Could you please suggest me which is better?

Thanks in Advance.

Mika

Learning

13 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     11 May 2010

Both universities are good. 

Even free online courses on IPR are available in WIPO.

Best of luck ...

Mika (None)     11 May 2010

Thanks Krishna!

Regards

Mika

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     11 May 2010

i found both equally good.

the WIPO online courses are generally paid, the basic one is for free.

UMA DEVI MADASANI (INCHARGE IPR DEPARTMENT & HR DEPARTMENT: CS (Executive) student)     12 May 2010

Hi Mika,

I congratulate you for deciding to join ipr course.  You should know about the difference between nlsiu and nalsar courses.  NLSIU bangalore offers pg diploma in intellectual property rights. It includes patents.  Whereas nalsar offers only pg diploma in patent laws.  It is more easy to get passed from nalsar but it is difficult (very) to get ipr diploma from nlsiu bangalore.

Mika (None)     14 May 2010

Thanks all of you!

I will be joing NALSAR as they conduct the contact classes in Pune and Mumbai which I can attend.

Regards

Mika

Shailendra (N/A)     20 May 2010

@ Mika, its "contract" not "contact", law starts from language. ;-)

Wish u all the luck.

Hemanth (MD)     30 May 2010

@Mika, I too would like to apply for the IPR program at NALSAR. Tomorrow is the last date. Did you submit the course fee too along with the application? I am a engineering grad.

Originally posted by :Mika

"
Hi,

I am planning for 1 year distance learning diploma in Intellectual Property Rights. ( Distance Learning)

I came accross 2 courses NALSAR pro and NLSIU which conduct the distance learning.

NALSAR also conduct contact classes which I can manage.

Could you please suggest me which is better?

Thanks in Advance.

Mika
"

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     30 May 2010

You can also evaluate the courses offered by ICFAI for E-learning the course materials are pretty good.

Best Wishes

Vasudevan

Mika (None)     17 June 2010

To Hemant,

Sorry I couldn'r reply Immdiately. But the last date for NALSAR pro admission was 15 June. My application reached on last day and got admission. NLSIU's last day is 30 June.

Regards

Mika

Rema (Advocate)     10 July 2010

NALSAR has a slight edge over NLSIU because of its user interface. Please verify the  recognisation of ICFAI.  In the meantime, you are requested to interact with a practicing IPR layer and if possible visit his/her office and directly  findout the scope and requirements for it.   If you have much interest to pursue IPR as your  career I  suggest you to join a IPR firm and lateron attend a PG full time programe.

All the best. 

Rema

Hemanth (MD)     13 July 2010

Thanks Rema and Mika, I have enrolled in the course at NALSAR. Apparently, they have moved to a different location in Hyderabad and so there is a delay in distributing the course material.

@Rema I have started a new technology company and I thought having a degree in IP would help me in the long run.

Mika (None)     15 July 2010

To Hemant,

Congratulations!! Wish you all the best for your new company!

Regards

Mika

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register