LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

simran (abc)     23 May 2012

My mother's share in her father's property

Dear Sir


My mother passed away in the year 1990. She has 5 brothers (4 alive) and she was the only daughter. Now her brothers want to sell off my naana's land in punjab. My naana had mentioned in his will my mother's name for an equal share in his property. We are three sisters (two married n one unmarried). Are we entitled to get our mother's share? How will court proceed in this case? Will it ask if my mother has any surviving children? What if my mother's brothers somehow show that my mother doesnt have any children alive. They already have my mother's death certificate with them. I want you to brief me as to how the court proceeds in such cases.


 1 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     23 May 2012

You are entitled to get your mother's share in the property. You can file a suit for partition at the place where the land is situated.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register