Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mani123456 (Engineer)     16 August 2011

My lawyer is not giving me good servce

Hi,

My lawyer has taken full money for my divorce court case

and often I face the situation to face the judge alone whithout

any Lawyer as he does not come or send somebody to attend my case.

My matter is unnecessary getting dragged. Kindly let me know how to

change the Lawyer, or is he legally bounded to fight my case.

In such situation what must I do?

Regards

Mani

Learning

19 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     16 August 2011

your lawyer must have takne money for drafting and filing of the case . kindly go through the bill rasised by lawyer ?

does it mention till final disposal of the case . ?

in case you are not paying him fees for attending the case on various dates he may have expressed his inability to attend the case

if you wan to engage another lawyer    obtain NOC  from present lawyer  . A lawyer will not un necessarily drag the case . have a frank decision with him

ajay sethi (lawyer)     16 August 2011

have a frank discussion with him .

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     16 August 2011

If you are feeling that your advocate is not serving you well, then have a discussion with him. If you satisfied then no problem, if not then ask for the no objection from him. If he denied then issue notice to him terminating his vakalat.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     17 August 2011

1. Have discussion and try to sort the matter

2. If you have to change lawyer, let the new lawyer handle NoC and all. Don't start a new case with the lawyer, you would unnecessarily spend lifetime in litigation.

1 Like

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     24 October 2011

Most of the people put blame on the advocates for all the ills of the legal system.

(Guest)

What about reimbursement of the already paid fees to this inefficient lawyer?

The new lawyer too will charge..

Won't this litigant have to pay again?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     25 October 2011

It has become fashion to rundown the advocates for each and every thing.  Change the advocates as playing cards.  For each and every date, a new advocate comes into the court.  Do you think advocate is a contract labour, who can be hired and discarded at your whims and fancies?

There are certain maladies in indian judicial system.  The first malady is that there is not proportionate appointment of judges in respect of population.  So, there is huge backlog of cases.  Even though the statutes prescribe 3 months, 6 months etc. to dispose of interim applications and cases, those provisions are not followed due to practical difficulties.  For all that, the litigants never criticise the judicial system but put all the blame on poor advocates.  The advocate's job is only to put correct facts before the court and assist the court to apply the correct law prevailing at that particular point of time.  But every litigant thinks that his advocate should win him the case, if there is merit or not.  It is not possible because in every case there will be one winning party and one loosing party. 

It is lawyers club of india.  basically predominant part of this site supposed to be with advocates.  but i wonder the advocates are attacked and abused just like any thing.  if any one does not like the advise of advocate, he says that the advocate gave such wrong advice to gain monetary interest.  I do not know by giving online advice how advocate gets monetary benefit.  some other member in the name of "filth" does not like legal advice by a lawyer and doubts (not doubts but confirms) that lawyer obtained fake law degree.  some scoundrels come on this legal site quite often to fight against advocates for rendering the legal advice, which appear for them as pro- women.  they are prejudiced and they will not allow any one to be neutral.  some other fools come on this web site and show off that they know more than advocates and in their replies they send even the judges to law schools again.  These people have no guts to come out with their real identities and face the legal consequences for their outbursts.

one and one and half year back, this family forum was vibrating with the interaction between the large number of advocates and needy litigants.  now the atmosphere is completely polluted.  one scoundrel chases away all the advocates from this forum.

DO NOT BANTER THE ADVOCATES.  IF YOU DO NOT LIKE ADVOCATES, FIGHT YOUR CASES YOURSELF INSTEAD OF DOING BACKSEAT DRIVING.

I ALSO REQUEST THE LAWYERS APPEARING ON THIS FORUM - "PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW SUCH SCOUNDRELS TO ATTACK THE BROTHER LAWYERS"

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 October 2011

Yes Princess.

But sadly in this profession, the lawyers in general don't issue reciepts.

Regards,

Shonee Kappor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     25 October 2011

Thanks Mr Chandu , such forthright views are essenatial to clean the site.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     25 October 2011

And this princess who ever he / she may be is bothering for money. Earlier person must have done some work for which payment has to be made.

And what if not satisfied with next person .

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     25 October 2011

Yes, Advocate Chandu is right

As far as I am concerned, a good opinion should be from the right person to the needy person. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 October 2011

Hmmm,

So all lawyers agree that there are no bad lawyers. :-)

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     25 October 2011

@ JSDN and others like him

I pity your pathetic attitude.Mani has very clearly written that despite taking the full fees for his case,his lawyer remains absent many times.This is a clear cut case of his poor services.Yet you refuse to acknowledge this inefficiency and talk of unrelated things,that lawyer should not be blamed for defects in judicial system.But the author did not talk of judicial system's defects in his query.

Read agvain if you're unsure of what the querist talked of..

Or else say it very clearly that you all don't want to listen to a single word against any Indian lawyer,howsoever callous he may be...

Regards,

2 Like

SHAILENDRA SRIVASTAVA (MANAGING PARTNER)     25 October 2011

I CAN HELP YOU & PROVIDE YOU GOOD LAWYER ON BEST PRICE. I CAN HANDLE YOUR CASE AND IT WILL CAME TO THE CONCLUSION WITHIN ONE YEAR. IT WILL BE BETTER THAT YOU CONTACT ME.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register