LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raju (kjnjk)     04 September 2014

Mutual consent & 498a

Hi All,

My wife and myself had filed for a mutual consent divorce.

on december 2013.the case is still active and it being postponed.

I am living in US on work permit,I am planning to visit India to talk with her.

Is there a chance that she can file a false case against me now and cause problem to me.

Please help me


 8 Replies


Yes . You are in dangerous zone. Nonbody can say when she will file false cases on you. Its better to enjoy your life at abroad only. For talking and other purposes let your advocate and relatives try their chances. 



raju (kjnjk)     05 September 2014


Doesnt the above news state that, females cannot file cases just iike that.


Some people doesn't need peace in their life, they wantedly need to be harassed.


Beta raju.....do one thing,


Come to India and then flaunt this article before your wife.


And say no you cant file any false cases on me because I have read one times of Indias article.



Bhaisaheb, that guideline is only for following 41 crpc by police before arrest and there is nothing new in the procedure to not arrest any accused.

And there is no such guideline to restrict women or any person to non filing of false cases at any time in India.


So, When your wife will file false cases on you then you will understand what is law and what is your rights.


Till then you are most welcome in India and that also for silly talks with your wife.







Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 September 2014

on what ground you and your wife are going for MCD is not mentioned and what are the terms with your wife right now not mentioned and if she is well good with you then you can have a discussion with her or if not come on the second motion date and settle the issue 

raju (kjnjk)     06 September 2014

I found her flirting with her ex-boyfriend over phone,email,chat and i have email proofs,

I said i cant live with her anymore and we flied for mcd.Now she is kind of fluctuating.Sometime she says she will give once i come to India.Sometimes she says she wont. I am confused on what to do,

I didnt recieve any dowry or any financial benefit from her.Can she file a case just like that and put my life into a problem. Is this the law in our country? After i had been only nice to her , after all she did.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     06 September 2014

in recent some cases they are giving permission for skype and try to make use of it and say a strong reason why you cannot come to india and want to use this facility in the second motion 

you can contact your lawyer and make use of this facility and be safe side

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     06 September 2014

she has to appear on that second motion and if both parties does not appear then again it will adjourn and try to talk to her and finalise the issue 

1 Like

498a Victim (unemployed)     06 September 2014

I agree with friends. I have faced same issue. After my visa expired but i94 was valid till sept 2015 however I came to India as my company suggested and my wife has filed false 498a case. me and my family have gone through the mess last 7 months and it is still not over. Between my friends and relatives were telling me and requesting me to not to come back to India. I have taken a foolish decision to come back and I am undergoing serious issues. I have lost my job also.


So I sincerely suggest you to not come back to India before this matter is concluded.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register