LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naveen   02 February 2017

Mutation of agricultural land

I have purchased agricultural land in Andhra Pradesh in 1990 and the land was kept idle. Now the land is being cultivated by a person residing in  the same village for the past 2-3 years.
1B and Pahani's show him as the owner. So, I filed an RTI with the Revenue Dept. on how the changes have taken place and they gave a written reply saying they do not have documents pertaining to mutation of the land but the changes are reflecting online in revenue records.

I have the original sale deed's with me which has been registered and the land passbook.

How do I go about legally on this situation.


 4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 February 2017

Involve elders and reputed persons and settle the matter amicably by taking possession.


Meet local counsel specializing in property/civil matters and take possession by evicting the trespasser.


Naveen   02 February 2017

Sir, Is it possible to take action on the government official under whose term these changes were done. 

Evicting the person is not easy as they belong to Scheduled castes and they have a strong presence in the village.

There have been several such manipulations that have occured during the officials posting in this location.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 February 2017

While you can find proof of irregularities and lodge complaint.

The Govt official may not come forward to evict.


1 Like

Naveen   02 February 2017

Appreciate your quick response.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query