LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nayeem (MANAGER)     19 March 2014

Musliim marry second wife without divorcing first wife

I'm married and having two kids. But for the past 2 years im not in physical relationship with my wife since she dont like me any more, even though we stay in the same house .  And my wife some times asks me to marry a second wife . But again some times she says i cannot do that. 

During this process im in love with a girl and she is ready to be my second wife.  My first wife may or may not accept this. Another problem is none of our parents is ready to accept  me to marry second wife. The girls parents and my parents and my first wife parents no one is ready to accept.

So , now i would like to know what is the way to get married to second wife. My first marriage is done according to Shariah sunni act and registered in Walkf Board.  All of us are  muslims only. 

I have no idea what is the legal or shariah process to marry my second wife with out divorcing my second wife.. There are no problems like money  matters etc. Except that my first wife doesn't like my simple physical relationship .. I'm well settled yet living like a bachelor in my own house.. Please advice...


 2 Replies

Kanchumati Subbarao (Consulting)     19 March 2014

Being a muslim , you can have four wifes at a time.

ramprasad soni (Ex-SM)     27 March 2014

First of all I make it very clear you can get divorce from her  if your first wife doesnot allow you to have physical or s*xual relations for more than a year. Law is very clear and there was judgement on this matter few days back.

Second thing if you don,t wish to divorce her and get second marriage, permitted by the Muslim law but make sure you have the sufficient earning to make all arrangement for both wifes and kid. Other wise wait for some more time and search the reason, being haten by her. What is the reason that you live in same home and she hates you. There is some thing wrong with you or her.

Seek advices of doctor too. especially of Psychiatrist.              Ex-Sgt IAF    rps

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register