LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hcraja Nadar   03 August 2019

Mumbai Bmc VLT land property tax or Rent payable

hello everyone
I have a shop in Mumbai on VLT land from 1983 and I am being told to pay Property tax as well as MCGM rent wherease people having shops on Photopass land are only paying MCGM rent

should I pay both ???

as per Assessment department record
my type of occupancy is
(3001 Self Occupied )
(3003 under Maharashtra rent control act )

and I am being alloted a SAC number also
kindly suggest your opinion


 7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 August 2019

Opinions of members do not count.  If authority demands as per their laid down procedure, if you want such shop you have to abide by their regulations.

File RTI to BMC and seek information from them as follows:

Information solicited:

1. Please provide me the certified copy of orders/notifications/circulars on demanding of rent and also property tax from shop occupants of VLT land(3001 self-occupied)

2. Please provide a certified copy of orders/notifications/circulars basing on which  MCGM rent is only collected on  Photopass land and not taxes.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 August 2019

What is VLT Land? What is your title to the land?

1 Like

Hcraja Nadar   06 August 2019

okay sir g.l.n.prasad will do that .
may I know under which department or public authority should I file the RTI
thank you

Hcraja Nadar   06 August 2019

p.venu sir
we are stated as the tenants of the land by BMC . but as per Assessment department record our type of occupancy is self occupied

Hcraja Nadar   09 August 2019

any more suggestion

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 August 2019

You have not yet informed as to what is VLT?

Hcraja Nadar   09 August 2019

VLT stands for vacant land tenancy

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register