Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

eswar (software)     28 March 2011

Mou

In MoU getting finalized in the mediation center - we have written as follows

That it is agreed between the Petitioner and respondent that the Petitioner  will pay Rs. xlacs (Rupees x lakhs only) to Respondent as permanent alimony as full and final one time settlement of all claims for maintenance in the past, present and future as mentioned here under:

i.                     The Respondent has expressly agreed not to make any claim whatsoever for her and in future against the Petitioner before any Court of law. This express waiver to claim includes all her claims in past, present and future in respect of alimony, maintenance, Stridhan, litigation cost, marriage gifts, dowry, ornaments or articles of any nature, personal belongings, expenses incurred during marriage, other occasions by her or by her parents and her relatives and her well wishers or otherwise and any other demand whatsoever.

vii.                 [The respondent shall make no claim / right against any movable or immovable

property of the petitioner or his family members.

viii.               The petitioner also shall make no claim / right against any movable or     

immovable property of the respondent or her family members]

ix.                 Both the petitioner and respondent are agreeing to forgo the right of future Maintenance / Alimony against each other. Both the petitioner and respondent will not claim any amount or right over each other in future even under change of any circumstances.

x.                   Both the petitioner and respondent have no claim or complaints against

each other and against the close relatives of both regarding this wedlock.

Please let me know If we need to change any of the paragraphs - My wife is the respondent and I am the petitioner.

Also I wanted to know can she claim any maintanance or right over property after divorce - stating change of circumstances ?

We do not have any child.

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 March 2011

@ Author

Rephrase one of your mentioned para to below wordings;

- Respondent forfeits voluntarily all her past, present and any future accruals arising out of any nature of maintenance for self and or her relatives under any acts of change of circumstances such as on price rise index change and or inflation and or  on special medical needs of respondent and or any nature of medical needs of respondent relative and or an grounds of  higher education enrollment needs and or on grounds of remaining in un-employment.  

BTW, send me a certified copy of Decree if her side really allowed the above para as it is :-|

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register