LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tareeq (Engg)     08 February 2010



I had met with an RTA after that I submiited my Vehicle insurance claim form, The Quatation received by the Approved repair work shop was exceeding 75% of the IDV of vehicle and hence the vehicle was declared to be Constructive Total Loss where the Insurance company informed me that I will be paid off with the IDV insured, This was a Brand New vehicle and was used for a period of 6 months only, In this regard can anybody inform me what happens to the Road Tax that I have paid to the Government?
The RTO has agreed to refund the roadtax after deducting the tax on prorata basis for the period used and cancel the Registration Certificate, the concern now is that the Insurance Co. says that without transfering the registration to Insurance Co. my claim will not be settled, and also the Insurance Co. is not ready to compensate the tax portion, kindly Suggest how I shaould proceed, what actions I have to take, is ther any MV act?


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query