LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kvsssssssssssssss (Nil)     02 April 2012

Mothers name change in passport

I currently reside in the Gulf on a employment visa.  I have a step mother, who has no children and is fully dependent on me.  To apply for a resident visa for my stepmother, I am told that visa can be issued only for the person whose name appears as mother in my passport.

Kindly advise the procedure for changing the mothers name in my passport.

thanks

kv

Learning

4 Replies

Nandha (NIL)     02 April 2012

If your father is alive and he has a passport, add your step mother's name in his passport or vice versa. In case your father is no more, then ask your step mother to adopt you her son as per law and thereafter the procedures for applying resident visa will be simple!

Best of luck

Nandha

Kvsssssssssssssss (Nil)     03 April 2012

thank you very much Mr Nandha ..for your advise.

my father is no more and hence i will have to opt for adoption procedure as mentioned by you...

can you pls update on the procedure and the duration it will take to complete this adoption procedure..

is my presence required in India..

pls advise.

thanks 

kv.

(Guest)

Made a affidavit that now your mother name will be change. Mention the ground in said affidavit on which behalf made changed.

Published in a news paper.

submit a application before Passport office with above document as well as others documents.

they will made change and issue fresh passport.

Renil Tr   01 October 2020

I have the same case. I am living  in oman and want to take my step mother there . Please let me know if I can apply for the change in mother name in my passport from oman ? After completing the formalities in India ( affidavit and publish in news paper ) 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register