Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kailash (Personal)     25 June 2021

Mother planning to take child abroad without father consent

Couple divorced in 2019 and it was mutual , MOU agreed that father to give Rs.10K per month for daughter and agree to share marriage expenses of daughter. Mother didn't claim any money as she is professional and earning well. Father also has visitation once a month. Its all written in MOU in front of judge.
Father (myself) was in abroad for few years and suppose to return in 2020 but due to covid returned only in 2021. Now I came to know mother married to an american citizen in april'21 and in process applying green card and taking my daughter with her to USA. 
I couldn't meet my daughter due to covid and my ex not co-operative so no good relationship with my daughter.  
I would like to know can she take my daughter without my consent?   
How to check if my ex-wife's husband adapted my child or not? I am sure without biological father's consent not possible even if they did its fraud.  
What are the options I have to stop her from taking my daughter away to USA?

My friends suggesting to leave this as it is otherwise court may ask to provide one time settlement and ask why you didn't see your daughter for 2 years if I  approach court and after long struggle in court they finally allow your daughter to travel with my ex. But i would like to get visitation.


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query