Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B V   22 October 2022

Mother gift deed one property to me. is this valid or any legal problems in future .

Hi sir.  1. Property fathers self acquired . Father died intestate. 

2. after we both 2 brothers  reliqushment deed .now mother get complete ownership

3. Later mother partitions between both we 2 brothers 

4. This property  mother gift deed to me .one ofvthe witness my brother and signed also in gift deed

5. Mother gifted other property to my brother.. one of witness me and signed

6. Now problems is my brothers wife and her family harassing me they will occupy my property. My brother is ok. Only his wife and  her family.

** in future  this gift deed . Any problem will I face or ok what will I do..

Learning

8 Replies

B V   22 October 2022

Sit gift deed is  registered 

B V   22 October 2022

Thank you very much sir for valuable information

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 October 2022

When your father died intestate, your mother and you and your sibling have equal rights over the property.  But only two brothers made a relinquishment deed in your mother's favour.  So they forewent the property rights but you have not executed the relinquishment deed.  Then how did your mother execute the gift deed? 

B V   22 October 2022

Sir  we both 2 brothers  did reliqushment deed.  In favor of mother   .now mother get complete ownership and also reliqushment deed registed 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 October 2022

Consequent upon death of your father (titleholder) it was succeeded by your mother, yourself and your brother.

Subsequently both the brothers relinquished your share in favour of your mother, accordingly she became exclusive and absolute titleholder.

She (your mother) has rightly executed gift deed(s) in favour of both of you (brothers), accordingly there is no ambiguity in valid transfer of title in the name of both of you (brothers), which is irrevocable and can not be challenged. 

Well analysed, opined and advised by experts, especially Mr. Kavksatyanarayana ji, which I fully agree and appreciate.

B V   23 October 2022

Thank you  sir

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 October 2022

The posting suggests deeper issues. Please post the real issue, if any.

Puspendu Dutta (Advocate )     24 October 2022

There will be no problem if your sister in law creates any problems, but one thing have to make sure i.e. the gift deed made by ur mother in favour of you that should be in legal way and that sould be genuine. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register