Decode Ballistic Reports Like a Pro. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

FM (fm)     02 October 2012

Money not returned

Money is lent to my relative in good faith via cheque. There is no contract. Later I asked him to return it. That money is not returned. So this looks like a civil dispute so far.

He filed a false criminal case against me saying I cheated him using false promises and took an amount in cash from them matching the one he owes me. He is influential and got me arrested. He has attached some statement showing a cash withdrawal when I was not in town. I sent him a legal notice asking for return of my money. Now, he says he gave back the money via that cash transaction and does not mention the false case he filed against me. He has also had his partner signed a witness statement that I took cash. They have also manipulated their company's books to create some record of this cash transaction. Thus, they are taking multiple defences for the same amount - first, that I cheated and took that money and second, that it was returned.

I didn't get any of this money back, and neither did I have any reason to request money in cash since mine was documented, tax paid white money. The amount is also several lakhs - much in excess of the IT limit of Rs.20,000. Can I file any criminal case against them besides the civil recovery case (which I haven't yet filed)? Is their company partner also liable for fabricating compamy books? Or is this still purely civil?



 1 Replies


(Guest)

Dear Friend

Yu can file criminal case for cheating, made false evidence & documents, Given false evidence in curt etc. But fr this you have to take precaustion and collect evidence.

Try to record their confessin if this possible.and than file suit. Contest the case.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register